Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbmaster93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hello I just Jaibreaked my iPhone and on the springboard I saw the SSH thing Can someone tell me what it is, its uses and if I can how to uninstall it? thank you:)

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
It allows your computer to 'see' your iPhone. It can be hidden using Customize but you should not uninstall it.

I used it to change sounds on my iPhone and it is necessary if you wish to play Nintendo games.

pbmaster93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff:)

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
>>thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff

That's kind of like saying, "How do I use a browser to access the internet?" Well not exactly but the point is its the way your computer talks to your iPhone when you want to manually load files on your computer. Using NES as an example, you would load the emulator with installer, and you will use SSH to load ROMs on either via Terminal or sFTP. Basically anything that isn't on installer you need SSH for.

All this stuff has been covered on the different boards many many times so just do some research.

pbmaster93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
>>thnx can you tell me a brief description of how i can use it for nintendo and the other stuff

That's kind of like saying, "How do I use a browser to access the internet?" Well not exactly but the point is its the way your computer talks to your iPhone when you want to manually load files on your computer. Using NES as an example, you would load the emulator with installer, and you will use SSH to load ROMs on either via Terminal or sFTP. Basically anything that isn't on installer you need SSH for.

All this stuff has been covered on the different boards many many times so just do some research.

Thnx and Im sorry but I am new to this stuff is the first time I hacked something and Ill start my research lol:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.