Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
So I completed a book, which took a rather long time, and when i press the [Buy Book] button, it says i have drop boxes with no pictures in them and that i must fill those in before i buy the book. I've checked the book SEVERAL times and cannot find any instances of this happening. I restarted iPhoto as well as my computer and this still persists. Any help? It's really frustrating.

GregE

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
I haven't tried creating a book but watched a training video on it and it was very cool. I do remember that they had boxes on the inside jacket cover. Did you put pics in those? Maybe it's an obscure place like that.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully somebody that has done it will chime in.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
I haven't tried creating a book but watched a training video on it and it was very cool. I do remember that they had boxes on the inside jacket cover. Did you put pics in those? Maybe it's an obscure place like that.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully somebody that has done it will chime in.

Yea see the thing is, i've done it before in iPhoto 6, but now it's flipping out on me in iPhoto '08. :( Don't know what the problem is...

anamznazn

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I created a book for my GF on our one year anni and although I was impressed with the simplicity of creating the book, I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the book after it was printed. It felt kind of...umm..."cheaply put together" in my opinion. For a quick solution in putting a photo album together, it'll work fine. If it was for something special like a wedding album, I wouldn't really recommend it.

(I work with graphics and printing so my standards are a bit higher. :) )

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Weird, I've had nothing but good experiences with iPhoto products (books, calendars & cards). -and I know my CMYKs from my RGBs. I guess ymmv.

Anyway, I do wish this particular warning would point out exactly where the missing photos are.

You want to save a PDF of the book then post it here for us to look over? Maybe one of us can find your Waldo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.