Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
continuing from the last thread, i felt like we could use a new one to ring in the new year. my current setup is:

• 2.4 ghz macbook pro
• 20" apple cinema display
• apple keyboard
• logitech vx revolution
• jbl creature speakers
• western digital mybook external hard drive

my camera is not available to me right now, but i'll update this post with a pic later tonight. ;)

:edit: the very original thread is here.

Mod note: Please use
b]

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I'll post this photo here in the new thread too I guess...

macpro.jpg

Mac Pro - 8 core
8 gig RAM
750 gig HD soon to be accompanied by a 1TB drive, together forming a mirrored RAID.
23" Apple Cinema Display
Mainly used for photography - Aperture, Photoshop CS3, Photomatix Pro, and a bunch of other less consequential stuff.
If I had any sense I would have saved the money and ordered the quad core rather than the 8 core. I don't think the extra cores help all that much for photography post processing.

Unfortunately I configured this machine with a low rent graphics card, and I've been regretting that ever since when trying to run Aperture and so forth, so I'll be getting a better graphics card when I can afford it.

Built in May 2007.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I'll post this photo here in the new thread too I guess...

[pic here]

Mac Pro - 8 core
8 gig RAM
750 gig HD soon to be accompanied by a 1TB drive, together forming a mirrored RAID.
23" Apple Cinema Display
Mainly used for photography - Aperture, Photoshop CS3, Photomatix Pro, and a bunch of other less consequential stuff.
If I had any sense I would have saved the money and ordered the quad core rather than the 8 core. I don't think the extra cores help all that much for photography post processing.

Unfortunately I configured this machine with a low rent graphics card, and I've been regretting that ever since when trying to run Aperture and so forth, so I'll be getting a better graphics card when I can afford it.

Built in May 2007.

I showed my father your photo blog, he is a photographer, he likes the HDR images.

Here's my new 20' 2ghz Aluminum iMac!
<snip photo>

What is i that i just love aluminum imacs? nice setup btw!:apple:

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.
Mac Pro - 8 core
8 gig RAM
23" Apple Cinema Display

Built in May 2007.

Holy frick I hate you. Haha. That is awesome!! Very nice.

The3nd

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
O La Laaa

My Map Pro Setup, 3ghz quad with 16gigs o ram and my two 30's...
setup1et8.jpg

setup2ow1.jpg

Am I the only 30 owner who when at home thinks the 30 is smaller then those at a store?

ruutiveijari

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2005
Hellsinki
My messy corner about two months ago:

MuroNurkka.JPG

The books are "Finnish law 2007" since one day I'm going to be the number one of enemy of civilization - a lawyer. Table is self made and not totally ready in this picture.

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
My current setup.

Apple Macbook Pro/ Sony LCD TV/HP All in one/Freecom Hard drives/XBOX 360

DSCF6121.jpg

My Previous setup.

Mac Mini/Belkin KVM/SFF Computer/Apple Macbook Pro/Dell 2407FPW/LG LCD TV/XBOX 360

DSCF4890.jpg

DSCF4894.jpg

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Hey all, let's try to keep this thread ON topic, yeah? If there are issues, use the report button, that's why it's there. It looks like so:
report.gif

And just to reiterate: our preference would be for folks to "Attach" photos on MR (and they should be automatically re-sized). If you insist on hosting a photo elsewhere, and the image is larger, please be courteous to your fellow MRers and use the [/B] tags instead of the standard [img] tags.

Thanks.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Sorry Devilot. I was going to delete my post but you got to it first.

Since I don't have a desk at the moment, here's another one in an odd setup, on my dresser! Which also happens to be the home of my TV and other random gadgets.

I know. It's a bad photo.

Attachments

• SNV80456.jpg
    SNV80456.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 470

SubaruNation555

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
Please forgive the pictures, there isn't a lot of light in my room:

-2.2GHz "Santa Rosa" MacBook Pro
-8GB iPod Nano w/ dock
-Lacie 250GB HD
-JBL Creature II
-HP All-in-one printer

Not Pictured:
-Canon 1D and Panasonic TZ3
-Sony Ericsson W810i
-Airport Express
-SmartDisk FireLite 80GB HD
-Belkin USB hub

Attachments

• Setup_1.jpg
    Setup_1.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 7,170
  • Setup_2.jpg
    Setup_2.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 7,013

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Please forgive the pictures, there isn't a lot of light in my room: <snip>
Oooh, are your walls a goldenrod color? That really strikes my fancy (despite my not usually liking that color). :eek:

What's that silvery thingie your pencil holders are sitting on? (BTW, I've got a v similar pencil holder :p)

SubaruNation555

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
Haha, the yellow paint is certainly different but looks a million times better then the white that as there before. The silver box is the Lacie hard drive. Got it refurbished for $80 and am looking into another to use with Time Machine.

PS-forgive the rainbow drawing, my girlfriend was bored in AP Bio several years ago.

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
Right, so happy new year, everyone. :D

I've just moved in to my new place so I still have some cleaning up to do. Hopefully, I won't have to move again for a couple of years. Anyway, here is the new set-up at the new place. I hope to improve this as the year progresses.

Attachments

• setup2008.jpg
    setup2008.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 597

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
My Mac Pro and MacBook.

Attachments

• All three.jpg
    All three.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7,548
  • Mac Pro:monitor.jpg
    Mac Pro:monitor.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 501
  • MacBook:Monitor.jpg
    MacBook:Monitor.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 394

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
My latest setup as of two minutes before making this post!

ZZ17332AA7.jpg

ZZ57C4FDC2.jpg

iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB, 320GB + crappy ATi graphics
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, 2GB, 160GB
Samsung LE23R71WX
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Alba DVB-T receiver (I got it in Tesco)

The little black thing you can see protruding from the edge of the radiator is actually an aerial (antenna) which sticks on there with a magnet. The whole radiator is therefore turned into a giant aerial which is good enough to get great reception for all of the Freeview channels.

I noticed on Flickr that an old setup of mine has over 10,000 views (don't know why) but here it is, from summer of 2006:

ZZ17840307.jpg

In that photo there was a 1.83GHz iMac Core Duo and 1.83GHz MacBook Core Duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.