Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
i've installed some apps, and i'd like to put the ones i'll use more often on the 1st page, and the ones i'll use less often on the other pages. how do i do that?

also, can i put 5 or 6 apps on the 1st page, and then have all the others on other pages?

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
Yes, use the Customize app from thespicychicken.com or Installer.app. If you are on a touch, you may have to let it run a crash a few times (5~10) before it will work. Once it works once though it will work forever.

Customize will do everything you need including resorting app icons and changing the number of apps on a page or in the dock.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
ok, i got Customize, and i can change the order of the apps, but how do i make it so i have 5 or 6 on one page and all the others on another page?

t0mster

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
is there a way to do this without customize? I have summerboard and like the themes much better but would like to clean up the home screen. Do I just have to install customize and disable any theme in it?

delude

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2007
UK
Yes T0m. I have Summerboard and Customize, and sue the Summerboard theme with a few features of Customize, such as the icon organization and also adding another application to the dock.

CBell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
so, how do i have 5 or 6 apps on one page and all the others on another page?

t0mster

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
All the other questions didn't seem to quite get at what I think CBell was looking for, at least not the threads I looked at. I found https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/408106/
to use to put spacers so I can have a page for default iphone apps, one for games, one for installer/settings for SB and customize and whatnot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.