Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Hi,

I cant seem to subscribe to any podcasts in itunes. all the subscribe buttons are greyed out.

Im new to mac and this is the first time ive tried so maybe im doing something wrong.

I have a mac mini with leopard and the latest version of itunes.

I tried to log into the store but it asks for my credit card which i don't want to give. could this be the problem ?

dastardlymut13

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
Try This...

As stupid as it sounds, there may be a really easy way to fix this problem.
click edit, then preferences.

In preferences, click on the Podcasts button and read what it says...
A) if it says "check for new episodes" I can't help you, BUT
B) if it says..."Podcasts are disabled due to Parental Controls" then
click on the parental controls tab and unclick the "disable podcasts" check-box.

This happened to me in my itunes, and I had never even opened the parental controls.

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Hi,

don't mean to be a smarta** here, but the latest version of iTunes is 7.6.1 not 7.5

Maybe you do an update, if the problem is persistent.

/Rupert

callmemike20

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Well, at the time of this posting, the current iTunes version was 7.5. So, I wonder who decided to bring such an old thread back to the top. Mods, please lock this as it is now irrelevant.

goSegway

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
no podcast folder in iTunes 10

As stupid as it sounds, there may be a really easy way to fix this problem.
click edit, then preferences.

In preferences, click on the Podcasts button and read what it says...
A) if it says "check for new episodes" I can't help you, BUT
B) if it says..."Podcasts are disabled due to Parental Controls" then
click on the parental controls tab and unclick the "disable podcasts" check-box.

This happened to me in my itunes, and I had never even opened the parental controls.

:confused:Seriously . . . this is still an issue in itunes 10. And yes, the fix (for me) was to edit the parental controls. What a joke . . . the programmers must be getting too much koolaid in the cafeteria! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.