Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:46 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Intuit admits bungled fix

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: Intuit admits bungled fix
Description:: Popular business finance app erases files from Macs

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:01 PM   #2
Xtoo
macrumors member

As a small biz owner using Intuit's "ugly" Quickbooks app, it is very disappointing. There's enough to deal with the Quickbooks mac version, which by the way is almost completely anti-mac designed, to now add more crap by their automatic update.

I wish there was a better solution for accounting on the mac. I know there are other solutions, but QBs seems the most complete in an un-complete mac environment.

Intuit "get it together" !
www.timecodemultimedia.com
Los Angeles, Ca.
Xtoo is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:17 PM   #3
SPOOF
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SPOOF Send a message via AIM to SPOOF Send a message via MSN to SPOOF Send a message via Yahoo to SPOOF Send a message via Skype™ to SPOOF
Help for those hit

As an IT Consultant, I see lots of issues with lost data every day. Some are accidental, some are partial hardware failure, some are malicious co-workers, and others are bugs in software.

In all cases, I've had great success recovering the data by using FileSalvage from Subrosasoft.com. You can download a copy here:

SubrosaSoft.com FileSalvage for data recovery and undeleting lost files

The download will tell you what files it can recover, before you pay for it.
Please download to a drive that is NOT your user folder drive in this case, so as not to overwrite any of the files that are now missing.

Full Disclosure: I've been using Subrosasoft.com software for years as a consultant now and as a result have done (very limited) part time beta testing for them as well.

Last edited by SPOOF; Jan 3, 2008 at 01:00 PM.
SPOOF is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2008, 05:20 PM   #4
chelsel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtoo View Post
I wish there was a better solution for accounting on the mac.
There is, it's called QuickBooks for Windows running in a VM :-) Which is exactly what I do, primarily because Assisted Payroll does not work on the Mac version of QuickBooks.
chelsel is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion