Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
i have quite a high cupboard I keep my phone on etc, and the included apple usb dock cable isnt long enough to reach the cupboard.

I've tried using USB extension cables to extend the dock connector but doing this means the iphone doesn't charge.

Anyone know where I could get either a longer dock cable, or a charger that has a relatively long cord?

Thanks.

NB. i'm in the UK.

gibbyparada

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
I have....

I have a usb extender attached to my iphone cable, and it charges more than well. I have a loft, so I charge my phone up on top, while I sleep (I also use the phone as an alarm). It works more than well.

danterner

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I have a usb extender attached to my iphone cable, and it charges more than well. I have a loft, so I charge my phone up on top, while I sleep (I also use the phone as an alarm). It works more than well.

I agree - I've got a 10' USB extender cable that I've attached to my iPhone cable, and it charges the phone without any problem. It's this one, which cost $6.86. I know the plug you have for your cable is different than the one we have in the US; maybe there's something about it that's preventing you from charging? Odd that an extension cable wouldn't work for you.

kenzbud

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
I use a Belkin 10 foot extension cable & do not have any problems charging my iPhone

GraceWu

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
Is it connect to the PC with USB port. I think you just need the USB extend cable for connect between your Mac book or PC and docking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.