Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Is there a way to change the background color of the ipod screen from the ipod itself. I heard there is a key combination to get into the settings manager for the whole ipod itself? Any thoughts on this.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Is there a way to change the background color of the ipod screen from the ipod itself. I heard there is a key combination to get into the settings manager for the whole ipod itself? Any thoughts on this.

There is a combination, you just restart the iPod and while its restarting, hold down the center and left direction button and that should do it.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
There is a combination, you just restart the iPod and while its restarting, hold down the center and left direction button and that should do it.
well thats new....to me at least.
EDIT: how do u change the bg color?

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
well thats new....to me at least.
EDIT: how do u change the bg color?

I've put in that mode before to freak people out and say to them I "hacked" their iPod but I have never tried to change the LCD color but I know people that said they have but I've never seen their iPods like that thought.

Jecko024

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2007
I've put in that mode before to freak people out and say to them I "hacked" their iPod but I have never tried to change the LCD color but I know people that said they have but I've never seen their iPods like that thought.

I do that all the time haha - - people always think that I broke their iPod :D and then I fix it, so now, I'm like a iPod genius to people lol.

Try taking a look at iPod Wizard to change the colors, fonts, etc, pretty cool program

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.