Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
1. 400Mhz Hard drive 1 - 9.54 GB Hard drive 2 - 42.92 GB
512 MB sd ram, APG Graphics, Firewire, CD Rom
Includes USB Keyboard & Optical USB Mouse
O/S Version 10.28 Jaguar Installed ( no monitor )
( Includes original O/S disk ) loaded with software.

2. 350Mhz, G-Force 9.55 GB Hard drive, 384 MB sd ram
CD Rom, Iomega Zip 100, O/S 10.28 Jaguar installed
Includes Keyboard & Mouse ( no monitor )
( Includes original O/S disk ) loaded with software

3. 350Mhz, G4 25.53 GB Hard drive, 320 MB sd ram
CD Rom/DVD-RAM, Iomega Zip 100,
O/S 10.28 Jaguar installed
( Includes original O/S disk ) loaded with software

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
this should be in the buying tips/advice thread.

These computers should run panther/jaguar fine.

Do you have a need for three computers? This isn't a good deal as far as I am concerned.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
In my mind the package is worth a max of $200... by any realistic stretch of the imagination.

If it was my $, I'd offer to pay $80 for everything and then let them chew on the offer. I'd buy at $100 if i really needed 3 computers.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
In my mind the package is worth a max of $200... by any realistic stretch of the imagination.

If it was my $, I'd offer to pay $80 for everything and then let them chew on the offer. I'd buy at $100 if i really needed 3 computers.

its cnd money

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis

Attachments

• monies.png
    monies.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 59

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Why do you need 3? If you tell us your needs perhaps we may suggest something more appropriate.

i plan on just playing around with them..upgrading them with spare macparts around my house

1) load one up with Music (and use as jukebox for parties)

2) use one for basic internet

3) use one to hack and play around and just learn more about macs etc

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
i plan on just playing around with them..upgrading them with spare macparts around my house

1) load one up with Music (and use as jukebox for parties)

2) use one for basic internet

3) use one to hack and play around and just learn more about macs etc

i just plain to play and mod it etc

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
They are fun for playing around for some time, but I do think that you will get power hungry after a little bit, and after the cost of upgrades and other things here and there, an entry level mac mini is well suited for almost anything and more then these are. But I guess not for tinkering too much.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
You can plug in a VGA monitor OR a ADC monitor. If you want to use a DVI monitor, you have to get an ADC-DVI convertor.

These machines will not support wide-screen format 20" monitors on DVI with the stock video card.

The AGP machine is the only one worth buying - maybe for CAN$50. The others have the Yikes PCI graphics motherboard. Even so, it is limited to IDE hard drives of 120 Gb or less (and no SATA support, obviously). Without a DVD drive it will be a pain to install new OS's.

The 'loaded with software' should not be a factor - unless you are getting the original CDs and serials and transfer of license, then any commercial software on it will be pirated.

(BTW what's up with insisting it's Canadian dollars, as the rate is close to par, what diff does it make?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.