Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
I just saw a new Get a Mac ad during the football game on Fox, I haven't heard anything about it here yet. It features a Football Referee who has been brought in by PC to make sure the two play fair. The ref makes a "review" about Leopard being faster than Vista. After the review he deems Leopard "better and faster than Vista."

PC then argues with the referee who ejects him. He proclaims "ejected? you can't eject me! where am I supposed to go?" as he walks into the whiteness.

Here's the transcript I typed up:
(A referee stands between Mac and PC)
Mac: Hello I'm a Mac
PC: And I'm a PC
(Referee blows a whistle)
(PC Chuckles)
Referee: You may begin
(Referee walks to his play review viewer)
Mac: Why is there a referee?
PC: To be sure you play fair Mac, so you don't go boasting about how Leopard is better and faster than Vista.
(Referee emerges from play review viewer)
Mac: Well I didn't say that, the Wall Street Journal said that.
PC: Well, lets wait for the call.
Referee: After further review, the ruling stands Leopard is better and faster than Vista.
PC: WHAT?! That's a ridiculous call! What are you blind? What’s the matter with you?
(Referee points at PC)
Referee: You’re ejected.
PC: Ejected? You can’t eject me!
(PC, with his back to the camera, wonders away and throws his hands up)
PC: Where am I supposed to go?

I'm currently ripping the HD stream off the Tivo Series 3 to the Mac. I'll upload it once done.

Update: I'm in the middle of a few things, and I keep coming back to find it converted the wrong segment of video. Going to do the whole thing instead of trying segments. But here's a screenshot:

attachment.php

Attachments

• MacAdNew.jpg
    MacAdNew.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10,874

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
I'm pulling it off of my Tivo Series 3 in HD right now. It's about 30 minutes into the recording, so not moving superfast right now since HD is a fairly large stream. Then I'll recompress and upload to my website until Apple posts theirs.

I'll update with the script here in a second.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
New Get A Mac Ad: Ejected?

Hello watching Fox today, saw a new Get a Mac ad. My guess would be "Ejected"

(Setting: Mac and PC as normal. Referee in the middle with what seems to be a (American) football "review booth")

Mac: Hello, I'm a Mac.

PC: And I'm a PC

(laugh, then whistle blows)

Referee: you may begin

Mac: PC, why is there a referee?

PC: To make sure you play fair mac, so you don't go boasting about how Leopard is better and faster then Vista.

Mac: I didn't say that, the Wall Street Journal said that.

PC: Well, let's wait for the call..

(same laugh)

Referee: After further review, the ruling stands: Leopard is faster and better then Vista.

PC: What, thats a ridiculous call. What are you blind? Thats a ridiculous call!

Referee: You're ejected.

PC: Ejected? You can't eject me. Where am I supposed to go

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
faster than vista when doing what? making stupid commercials?

It could be in some benchmarks, on 64 bit Intel hardware Leopard>Tiger, and Tiger>XP for some things, and as XP>Vista on some things its definitely possible.

powderblue17

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
faster than vista when doing what? making stupid commercials?

Why don't you go and try to install Vista and Leopard on a 1 Ghz computers with 512MB or 1GB of memory and maybe you will see why Leopard is faster then Vista. I had Vista on my Pentium 4 2.6 GHz with 768MB and I went back to XP just because it was so much faster then Vista on that PC.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Why don't you go and try to install Vista and Leopard on a 1 Ghz computers with 512MB or 1GB of memory and maybe you will see why Leopard is faster then Vista. I had Vista on my Pentium 4 2.6 GHz with 768MB and I went back to XP just because it was so much faster then Vista on that PC.

oh please. I had Tiger on 512MB with my MB, it was so slow I have to update it to 2G. and leopard is asking double the minimum memory requirement of Tiger. 512MB for faster leopard? are you serious?

at the same time, I did have my Acer with 1G memory with Vista. Tell you what. It runs fine.

how about you go ahead use 768MB with your leopard, see how long you can take it.

want to make some decent argument? then lets get some real comparison first, not guess this, imagine that.

You want to show leopard is faster in majority cases (since thats the basic definition of being "faster")? get some test package, put on similar Hardware equipment, and run them side by side!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.