Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:14 AM   #1
kevd00d
macrumors member

iPhone ONLY recognized as camera phone in Windows

Hello...Windows XP is only recognizing my jailbroken iPhone as a camera now, so I can no longer open/view the other folders...anyone's help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
kevd00d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 08:51 PM   #2
etinarcadia
macrumors newbie

only camera recognized on iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevd00d View Post
Hello...Windows XP is only recognizing my jailbroken iPhone as a camera now, so I can no longer open/view the other folders...anyone's help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Can someone help.... I got a unblocked iphone in hongkong and it works perfect but when i connect it to the computer it is only recognizing it as a camera and i cannot put any music etc.. onto it???
etinarcadia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 12:32 AM   #3
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

That's normal.

You need a third party piece of software to browse the iPhone's directory structure.

I use THIS.
Works great.
rjohnstone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 02:09 AM   #4
deptraisteve
macrumors newbie

if you are using windows I recommend you try using winSCP, google it, then connect your iphone to browse the folders/files in the iphone.

the pc will only see it as a camera, you need itunes to copy pics, songs, video over to the iphone.
deptraisteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:31 PM   #5
davidseanh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnstone View Post
That's normal.

You need a third party piece of software to browse the iPhone's directory structure.

I use THIS.
Works great.
mine still doesnt detect anything but a camera and i cant put it in recovery mode because the home button is unresponsive
davidseanh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting