Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:50 AM   #1
firstapple
macrumors 6502a

Combine refurb price w/ Apple employee discount?

Is it possible to combine refurb price with Apple's employee discount? I know someone that works in an Apple retail store, and was wondering if these two discounts can be combined? I know the education discount cannot be combined, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is any different for Apple's employees? If so, what kind of extra discount would it be, the 15%?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 01:32 AM   #2
finally!!
macrumors newbie

Not possible. not for refurbished. you can combine employee with refresh, but they're stopping the refreshed sales, so you'd have a hard time finding some. you'd save more money in store with your education discount than in store with your friend's employee discount, but you'd save more if he'd give you one of his online discounts.
finally!! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 01:50 AM   #3
firstapple
macrumors 6502a

What in the world is a refreshed product?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:03 AM   #4
roland.g
macrumors 603

Apple Friends and Family online disc.

then

Education disc. or Refurbished disc.

but they cannot be combined. Take what you can get and don't be too greedy.

Refreshed are returned products at the store. Essentially open box.

While refurbs are doa's or other technically challenged units that have been issued replacements and the original unit is then repaired, QC'd and resold at a disc. Refurbs are great, and the QC is very high. Refurb MBs and MBPs go very fast from the online store. Refurbs cannot be BTO's (Built to Order), they are what they are.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:15 AM   #5
firstapple
macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the help guys (or gals)! I will be heading to the store tomorrow to see if they have any "refreshed" items... and will also see if my friend is working and maybe she would be sweet enough to give me her once a year 25% discount... That would be saweet

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice