Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
So I have all of my images in Aperture but I want to make a photo book in iPhoto for a gift because it has better templates. I have iLife sharing on in Aperture but I can't drag photos from Aperture in to iPhoto. It also won't let me drag them from viewing the Aperture library inside iPhoto?

What am I doing wrong?

Jan 30, 2006
Try importing the photos to iPhoto. It's fairly easy and I think it would solve your problem.:)

But, yes, even tho Aperture lacks templates, it is much more flexible and let's you create more professional looking books. Give it a try.

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
So I have all of my images in Aperture but I want to make a photo book in iPhoto for a gift because it has better templates. I have iLife sharing on in Aperture but I can't drag photos from Aperture in to iPhoto. It also won't let me drag them from viewing the Aperture library inside iPhoto?

What am I doing wrong?

You need to export the photos from Aperture and then import them to iPhoto.

Cheers.

Macerture

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
Dirty Jersey
as has been stated - create an 'untitled folder' on your desktop, drag or export your images to that folder, open iPhoto, import them from that folder. Or, as has been mentioned, use the Aperture book option.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
hmm ok.. exporting seems the easiest then.

I know Aperture has the book feature, but I don't really want to go through the trouble of creating a template for a simple gift, since iPhoto has some good ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.