Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
nope....

it will either remain white or go black. Apple likes the way it balances the aluminum everywhere else. and sits with the white keys on the new keyboard.

I've been wrong before though.

matthewroth

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2006
im also against apple mice.

the mighty mouse was ok but the ball stopped working after about 2 months.

im sorry for saying it, but i have 3 dell opticle mice(s) in my house and its not going to change (barring a miracle) but as the iphone has shown us... they do happen

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I had a mouse with metal on it before, the damn thing gave me such an electric shock one day, and as a result of that died on the spot.

So I'm not going to be touching any metal mice from now on...

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
A new mighty mouse that doesn't require constant ball cleaning (oo-er!) would definitely get my wallet opening, but as to whether it'll be in Al, not too sure. I do see your reasoning on the aesthetics front though.

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
I highly doubt we'll ever see an aluminum Mighty Mouse. It just wouldn't look quite right. The Mighty Mouse matches the key color on the new Aluminum keyboards, and I think that's good enough.

I'm personally somewhat getting annoyed at all the aluminum stuff, which is one reason I got my MacBook before Macworld. I just love the white design. I also like the Power Mac G4 design more than the Power Mac G5. I can't stand that stupid "grate" look on the G5. I like shiny things. :p

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
i think the mm would be perfect if they just elongated the scroll wheel and put a slit in between the right and left buttons

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
Yeah I want a Mighty Mouse but not with the current problem... Maybe with a redesign i'll pick one up.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
the MM is the worst piece of apple hardware i have come in contact with. well, its the only one i truly dislike, but still.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
the MM is the worst piece of apple hardware i have come in contact with. well, its the only one i truly dislike, but still.
The Mighty Mouse is fabulous compared to the Puck mouse that came with the G3 machines. That was truly awful.

Retrograffica

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Am I the odd one out? I've had my MM for a year and it works perfectly, never had to clean the ball...maybe people should take more care washing their hands then they wouldn't gunk up :p

There won't be an Al. mouse, it's far too slippery

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Rounded aluminum-edged mouse with multitouch display surface and laser tracking.
Infinitely configurable software buttons.
Advanced scrolling and image resizing features.
No mouse ball to clean.
No mechanical parts.
Leverages existing multitouch technology and FAB.
Blows away all other mice in existence.
$99.00 US

Not holding my breath for this one, but it seems in line with Apple's current design philosophies.

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
What if there was some kind of trackpad/sensor in the top of the MM which could sense finger gestures like scroll or zoom in, now with their patented "ignore unintentional gestures" technology, that could be really cool :)

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
Am I the odd one out? I've had my MM for a year and it works perfectly, never had to clean the ball...maybe people should take more care washing their hands then they wouldn't gunk up :p

Nope, you're not odd one out. I love my might mouse. Never had a problem with it.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Rounded aluminum-edged mouse with multitouch display surface and laser tracking.
Infinitely configurable software buttons.
Advanced scrolling and image resizing features.
No mouse ball to clean.
No mechanical parts.
Leverages existing multitouch technology and FAB.
Blows away all other mice in existence.
$99.00 US

Not holding my breath for this one, but it seems in line with Apple's current design philosophies.

Did you mean something that looked like this? (I had to change some of your criteria - hope you don't mind)

Attachments

• trackpad.jpg
    trackpad.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 73

Paix247

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis
I love my new Apple keyboard, but I have never liked any of their mouses. I hope they do finally come out with one thats better than the alternatives, but I am not going to hold my breath. I love my logitech bluetooth mouse.

anotherarunan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
London, United Kingdom (UK)
well what i was originally thinking was that a redesign was on the cards...and then i thought it'd probably go with the whole aluminium thing. But originally i was going with the redesign...something with a ball that doesnt need cleaning...but looks awesome! (like the current one does)

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Come on! How good would that be? Especially with the many reported problems with the current MM! I know its dreaming, but just wanted to know if anyone else has given this a thought!

We already have threads about how people are experiencing electrical discharge from their alu keyboard... I don't think we need yet more threads about people getting the same static shocks from a damn mouse!! Do we?

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
A wireless mouse wouldn't exhibit such problems but a mouse is the most handled thing on a computer by far and even hard-anodising will have a fairly short life. I very much doubt they'll introduce an aluminium mouse, although who knows, with Apple's currently especially strong track of 'form over function' they might.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.