Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dschiller

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2007
Hi all

I bought a MBP last week, and today I started experiencing problems with the mouse cursor. No matter whether I'm using the trackpad or an external mouse (I've tried using both a wired Mighty Mouse and a wireless Logitech), when I'm moving the cursor it keeps freezing for a few seconds (perhaps less than a second), and then I "regain" control of it, only for it to freeze again after a short while.

The only thing that I can think of that might have something to do with this is that I replaced the 2GB of Apple RAM with 4GB of OWC RAM a couple of days ago. Can this be the reason?

Please help me, as this problem renders the computer impossible to use:(

Thanks in advance
Daniel

EDIT: I forgot to say I'm running Mac OS 10.5.1 and I've got the Keyboard Freeze Update Installed.

RichL

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Chicago
I don't have a resolution but I have had a similar experience. When I forst installed Leopard my mouse would freeze a lot for no reason it seemed. Oddly enough it stopped shortly after installation (about 2 weeks). I was thinking an update fixed it but who really knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.