Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhenshide

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Hi,

As a foolish guy to Mac OS X, I would like to ask that now I have upgraded to Leopard and chose English as the default language, how can I see text, names of songs in iTunes correctly suppose they are languages other than English?:confused:
I guess there should be some ways to deal with this issues, am I right? Hope to heard your professional advice. Thanks!:)

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
What do you mean view them? Like it's translated for you?

For the most part you would have to go into System Prefs > International and deal with what you want there.

zhenshide

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
System Prefs > International can only allow you to select the language you wish to type. Is it right?

I mean for me, I install Leopard with English as the default language. However, my music folder, for example, contains songs with Titles in Chinese. All these things appear as unrecognized (aliens) characters. How can I display these things without the above problem?

Thanks.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
You need to install a Chinese font or fonts to view those. They're not part of the default install, but they are available on your install disks. Just put it in, open the Additional Packages installer, and install the Additional Fonts. (BTW, I'm not looking at it now, so I could be off on the names, but it shouldn't be hard to find.)

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.