|Jan 13, 2008, 08:57 AM||#1|
how to set as wallpaper?
how do you guys set your wallpaper?
take for example i have a jpeg file on my desktop which i want it to be my wallpaper. but when i right click it,it doesnt give me any option to set it as my wallpaper.
i will always have to add the photo to iphoto then set it as wallpaper thru system preferences.
any help will be appreciated!=)
2.2ghz SR black macbook GMA x3100
|Jan 13, 2008, 09:00 AM||#2|
1. Go to Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver > Desktop
2. Click the + sign (located bottom left)
3. Select the particular folder in which your wallpaper is located (i.e. desktop). No need to use iPhoto
15.4" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 iPad 3G iPod Touch 16GB (2G)
BlackBerry Bold 9780 (white)
|Jan 13, 2008, 10:33 AM||#5|
It has always bugged me to go to System Preferences just to change the wallpaper, so I created a simple Automator Actionto do it for me. Save As Plug-in (for Finder) then right-click the image, go to automator actions, and there is your "Set as Wallpaper" command.
MB, 2.0Ghz, 2GB Ram, 80GB
|Jun 26, 2008, 12:15 PM||#7|
Mernak you're the man. This is the first time I used Automator and it works lovely.
For the newbs, here are the steps:
1) Open up Automator - This is located in your applications folder. The right window in Automator should be blank and say "Drag or add actions here to build your workflow." In the leftmost window labeled Library, Applications should be selected.
2) Search for "Get Selected Finder Items." It should appear in the middle window labeled Action. Double click "Get Selected Finder Items," and it will appear in the right window.
3) Search for "Set the Desktop Picture." Right click it and it will appear in the right window under "Get Selected Finder Items."
4) Go to File:Save As Plug-in. Choose a name like "The Amazing Wallpaper Automator." Select Plug-in for "Finder" in the drop down menu and Save.
5) When you are in Finder, if you right click your picture and scroll to Automator, you will see your automation. Click this and enjoy the view.
Last edited by Ravloo; Jun 26, 2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Forgot a quotation mark!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fix your wallpaper zooming problem in iOS7 with Fix and Set Wallpaper App||charstacky||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||0||Feb 11, 2014 06:55 AM|
|Set as wallpaper gate||Sneakerp||iOS 7||3||Sep 17, 2013 12:34 PM|
|Nexus Wallpaper Set||Guitarboy315||Picture Gallery||2||Aug 5, 2012 08:59 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.