Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

welling1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Brooklyn
Any idea how soon any new products might be available after they're announced? I'm specifically dragging my feet on possibly buying an imac (I'm still debating between that and the Pro), and hoping for a matte screen and maybe some other random upgrade. But I need to buy asap! (I can easily get to an apple store in nyc.)

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
If you buy an iMac now it'll ship pretty quick, if a new iMac is released, it might ship immediately or take several weeks, but all the older models will either stay the same price and still be shipping, or be discounted. So it pays to wait either way.

welling1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Brooklyn
If you buy an iMac now it'll ship pretty quick, if a new iMac is released, it might ship immediately or take several weeks, but all the older models will either stay the same price and still be shipping, or be discounted. So it pays to wait either way.

i wish i had time! I need to start a new gig and require it asap. I don't have to wait around for it to ship, i can go directly to the apple store.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Apple stores are usually shipped new stock ahead of announcement, shrouded in black with a "do not open before"... provision, I'm told. I'd expect it the same week, if not within 24 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.