Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcs37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2003
Washington, DC
I have a genre of audio I import that's not audiobook but should not be displayed in cover flow (partially because there is no artwork for it). Audiobooks don't show up in cover flow (rightly so). Is there a way to set an album or even better a genre such that iTunes does not show it in cover flow? I don't want to set everything non-cover flow to Audiobooks to avoid cover flow issues.

marshbucket7

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
Audiobooks don't show up in cover flow (rightly so).

I can appreciate that it wouldn't help to get audiobook cover art mixed in with music cover art, so it's probably good that iPod keeps them separated. As a big audiobook user however (with relatively little music) on my iPod, it's annoying to me that there is no way to page through one's audiobook collection using cover flow (or at least a separate cover flow dedicated exclusively to audiobooks). I have a library of about 500 books on my iPod, and when I'm just browsing that device to find something to listen to, it would be a lot more useful to me to be able to page through audiobook cover art to remind myself of what's available to me rather than to review my collection by scrolling through long directory style lists of tiny print.

Atomike

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
It would be nice if we could - specifically for the reason of making ALL music not show up in Coverflow. This may be a workaround for the crippling Coverflow bug in the new nanos. Since Coverflow makes the volume not work properly on 4g nanos, the elimination of all Coverflow art may actually fix the problem caused by the incompetent Apple designers. Why does apple hate nano users so much? Reading various forums, it would seem that this crippling bug has seriously reduced sales of the 4g. Yet apple refuses to listen. What an incompetent company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.