Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

You you like the name "MacBook Air?"

• Yes.

Votes: 64 43.5%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • No.

Votes: 51 34.7%

• Total voters

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I personally hate the name "MacBook Air." So what's your opinion on the name?

Snips

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Suffolk, UK
I think it's fine, and has grown on me the past few days.

Will be strengthened if there's justification in the product spec, i.e. completely wireless.

If it's just a lightweight MacBook, I would prefer MacBook Nano.

ilflyya

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
Indiana
Can you pump it up?

Sounds like an athletic shoe to me. Maybe I lack vision, but I'd have no use for such a device, but it is cool that apple is capable of such a thing. When solid state gets up to 160G, then I'll pay attention.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
I'm afraid it's grown on me over the last couple of days so I don't really mind what it's called as long as it's ultraportable. :D

bushman1

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2007
dose anyone remember apple's patent to build cell cards and receivers into the back of a monitor in a laptop to reduce RF interference.

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
I think it's a beautiful name! :) No negative connotations for me, it sounds clean and pure and simple. :cool::apple::D

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I seem to recall a bunch of complaining when Apple went to the MacBook and MacBook Pro names. But we're all used to it now. I'm not worried.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
EDIT: ^^^^^^^^^ Yes, exactly ^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much everyone likes MB and MBP now because they are pretty nice machines...

The name doesn't matter much; it's all about what it can let me do.

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
I don't get it when people use the argument that it doesn't follow existing product naming rules - Apple is about innovation, right?

It sounds perfectly plausible to me. :)

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
Maybe Apple aren't releasing a MacBook Air? Maybe the "There's something in the air" refers to Apple iTunes Rentals and the new sub-notebook will be called MacBook nano. The new updated Mac mini is to be relaunched as a Mac nano just like the iPod mini was. Just a suggestion. ;)

goldenlotus

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's fine, and has grown on me the past few days.

Will be strengthened if there's justification in the product spec, i.e. completely wireless.

If it's just a lightweight MacBook, I would prefer MacBook Nano.

Yep at first I thought sounded kind of silly but now I've grown to like it. I could definitly see Apple using the name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.