Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives > Macworld San Francisco 2008

Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:28 PM   #1
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

What time will Apple Post the KEYNOTE online for viewing?

Does anyone have any idea??
I am leaning heavily on not looking at any news online for the entire day of the keynote. When I get home about 7pm eastern time from work I will look at the keynote in its entirety online without spoilers so I can have the full experience.
But what is the longest they have ever gone until Apple finally posts the keynote online?
We need to know.
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:34 PM   #2
NAG
macrumors 68030

They usually post it later the same day. Might be up by 7 eastern.
NAG is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:36 PM   #3
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

Why don't you sign up for this thread, it seems to be exactly what you are looking for.
r.j.s is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:37 PM   #4
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAG View Post
They usually post it later the same day. Might be up by 7 eastern.
Excellent!

Although, its going to be very hard to avoid news for that day. I've already instructed my boss to not listen to news on the radio which is his norm and my co-workers will not surf to news sites that day so they wouldn't accidently spill the news from Apple. They have all decided to comply including my boss because they would rather not face my wrath!!
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:38 PM   #5
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/...eynote-stream/
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:39 PM   #6
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
I know. I've already set up the link as a shortcut on my desktop at home since yesterday.

EDIT: Its just that I wanted to get an idea what time Apple would be likely to post it.
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:48 PM   #7
doo-hik-ee
macrumors member

They usually post the lo-res later that day.

I actually prefer to wait a day or so and watch the hi-res version.
doo-hik-ee is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:54 PM   #8
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo-hik-ee View Post
They usually post the lo-res later that day.

I actually prefer to wait a day or so and watch the hi-res version.
Really?? I hadn't realized they did it that way. That sucks. Because I don't think I could hold out to wait a couple days for the hi-res version. They should immediately post the hi-res version. Why lo then hi?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 05:46 PM   #9
doo-hik-ee
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olternaut View Post
Really?? I hadn't realized they did it that way. That sucks. Because I don't think I could hold out to wait a couple days for the hi-res version. They should immediately post the hi-res version. Why lo then hi?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
There's like alot of people wanting to watch it instantly.

My guess is that they post the lo-res version right away to save bandwidth, or something along that line. ?

It's worth the wait though, trust me!

Unless you want Steve Jobs to be and inch tall on your screen.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:35 PM   #10
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo-hik-ee View Post
There's like alot of people wanting to watch it instantly.

My guess is that they post the lo-res version right away to save bandwidth, or something along that line. ?

It's worth the wait though, trust me!

Unless you want Steve Jobs to be and inch tall on your screen.
Thing is the odds of me finding out the apple news accidently from somewhere till they finally post the hi res version is just too great. I can't tell my boss and the rest of my co-workers to go on a news blackout 2 days straight!

Last edited by olternaut; Jan 13, 2008 at 06:45 PM.
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:36 PM   #11
plumbingandtech
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Thing is the odds of me finding out the apple news accidently from somewhere till they finally post the hi res version is just too great. I can't tell mY boss and the rest of my co-workers to go on a news blackout 2 days straight!
Watch the low res.

Then go back and watch the hi rez the next day.

I do.
plumbingandtech is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:47 PM   #12
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbingandtech View Post
Watch the low res.

Then go back and watch the hi rez the next day.

I do.
Ok something disturbing has just come back to my remembrance. The last keynote I tried to look at the low res through firefox and the low res stuttered and finally locked my browser to the point where it even froze my PC and I ended up having to reboot.
If I were to load up another stream for anything else....fine no probs. But only with the keynote did I get trouble. Perhaps I should set the bookmark using safari. Maybe there would be less problems?
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:47 PM   #13
jackc
macrumors 65816

I'd like to hold out to watch it, but as I recall the low-res version is pretty bad. I'm sure I'll cave and watch the text update.
jackc is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:49 PM   #14
plumbingandtech
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Ok something disturbing has just come back to my remembrance. The last keynote I tried to look at the low res through firefox and the low res stuttered and finally locked my browser to the point where it even froze my PC and I ended up having to reboot.
If I were to load up another stream for anything else....fine no probs. But only with the keynote did I get trouble. Perhaps I should set the bookmark using safari. Maybe there would be less problems?
If you watch the low res, like right after they post, I have had problems as well. If you wait about an hour, it should be a lot better. Basicly people give up if there are stuttering problems and free up bandwidth for those that wait a bit.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:57 PM   #15
olternaut
macrumors 6502a

See this is bullcrap!!
We're begging for scraps like dogs here!! I want to see it in hi-res live dang nabbit!! Hey apple, why don't you guys get off your duff and try to post the hi-res version a little sooner than usual ok?? How about posting both the lo and hi res versions at the same time so people have a choice?
olternaut is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:03 PM   #16
doo-hik-ee
macrumors member

Quote:
See this is bullcrap!!
We're begging for scraps like dogs here!! I want to see it in hi-res live dang nabbit!! Hey apple, why don't you guys get off your duff and try to post the hi-res version a little sooner than usual ok?? How about posting both the lo and hi res versions at the same time so people have a choice?
I remember when they did post the hi-res immediately. It was terrible. The video (as someone mentioned) would time out and stutter ike crazy. It was unwatchable.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:14 PM   #17
plumbingandtech
macrumors 68000

Quote:
See this is bullcrap!!
You can have it:

a) good
b) fast

Pick one.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:14 PM   #18
jackc
macrumors 65816

I like the idea of putting it on iTunes, I wonder if Apple ever considered it. A lot of people would be willing to pay a few bucks for it.
jackc is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:19 PM   #19
plumbingandtech
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc View Post
I like the idea of putting it on iTunes, I wonder if Apple ever considered it. A lot of people would be willing to pay a few bucks for it.
Type Macworld keynote address into itunes store.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:23 PM   #20
jackc
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbingandtech View Post
Type Macworld keynote address into itunes store.
Well don't I feel stupid. I assume it takes a while to show up then?
jackc is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:27 PM   #21
plumbingandtech
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc View Post
Well don't I feel stupid. I assume it takes a while to show up then?
It has to download the whole thing. About an hour on DSL. But then you can keep it forever.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives > Macworld San Francisco 2008