Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2007
Is Pixelmator really more than just a shiny coat of paint ahead of Seashore?

It really looks to be it with a nicer GUI.

Preclaro_tipo

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2003
West Lafayette, IN
I wonder if this is a pump and dump app

I wish I had real information to answer this, it does seem like they used several sources of graphic utilities plus the attractive OS X GUI to assemble an attractive and fairly functional graphics program.

However, each time i try to use it I run into a missing feature that prevents me from actually finishing whatever graphic thing i am trying to accomplish.

There are a lot of feature requests on the pixelmator forums that I just have to laugh at the requests, i'm not sure what people are actually able to create with the program.

I think this program is a pump and dump, don't the brothers, Saulius and Aidas Dailide have a reputation for abandoning software?

I'll continue to use GIMP to accomplish my tasks. As of Acorn's last update it kills PM in terms of features and functionality. I'm still looking for an os x native app that can replace GIMP.

Bonsai1214

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Penfield, NY
PM has actually gotten worse since its inception. they've broken a few things that worked fine in the 1.0 release of it. apparently they're working to fix it and to update it so it works better with 10.5.2 and to see if the coreimage leak is fixed yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.