Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Oct 12, 2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Flickta
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to Flickta
15" PB not recording CDs.

Hi!
I have a problem with my 15" 800 Mhz PB, with Combo-drive. It refuses to record CDs. It reads recorded and audio etc. disks, but inserted media (CD-R's or RW's) are just being chewed for several minutes and then ejected! No Toasting, no iTunes burning. Could You suggest something?
Thanks, Nik

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate... All those moments will be lost in time... Like tears in the rain

fnord

1,000,000 Post Avatar Contest - a finalist of 'static' part, "honorable mention" in 'static' and '1 mln post'
Flickta is offline   0
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:25 PM   #2
ColoJohnBoy
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ColoJohnBoy
Did this just develop, or did you just buy the PowerBook? In either case, I hope you have AppleCare on it, because it sounds like you're going to have to get the optical drive replaced.
ColoJohnBoy is offline   0
Old Oct 13, 2003, 03:31 AM   #3
Flickta
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to Flickta
bad news...

Thanks for replying.

My faithful PB worked fine since it was bought (a top of the line model then...)
Maybe it's just time for replacement... Or switch? (bad joke)
Apple Care is over I'm afraid.
What kind of a drive can I get? Is there a faster loading CD-RW or Combo? Or I can only replace it with the same slow-loading-not-that-impressive at all Combo it came with?

Thanks again. Nik

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate... All those moments will be lost in time... Like tears in the rain

fnord

1,000,000 Post Avatar Contest - a finalist of 'static' part, "honorable mention" in 'static' and '1 mln post'
Flickta is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers