Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I've jailbroken my iPod touch, but now I'd like to get it back to the way it was so I can install the $20 upgrade. How would I go about restoring it without bricking it?

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Well, there's a couple reasons why I'd like to restore:

1. The SDK is coming out soon, and I want to be able to take full advantage of it.
2. My iTouch has been acting weird lately and I've been wanting to restore it for a while now
3. There's no Locate Me, rearranging icons (at least as cool as Apple's rendition), or lyrics support in a jailbroken iPod.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
the best way is to have iTunes 7.5 to do the restore as it would be much easier for you to do.

if you have 7.5 depending on which version you want to restore to (either doesn't matter it wont make a difference)

you have 1.1.1: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw
or 1.1.2: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...071107.9g3DF/iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw

save either of these to a known place on your pc or mac and in iTunes (if in windows) hold the shift key, if using a mac hold the options key then press restore when your ipod is in recovery mode.

If using Safari to download make sure it is NOT set to open files after download

xXriderXx7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Lake Elsinore, California
I've jailbroken my iPod touch, but now I'd like to get it back to the way it was so I can install the $20 upgrade. How would I go about restoring it without bricking it?

Where do you get the idea of bricking from?!?!

No one has bricked a Touch, and there is no known way to brick one, short of cracking it open and cutting some things.

The best way would be to restore using iTunes, and update to 1.1.3, then purchase the Apps.

winkchrisian

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
That is NOT true!

Where do you get the idea of bricking from?!?!

No one has bricked a Touch, and there is no known way to brick one, short of cracking it open and cutting some things.

The best way would be to restore using iTunes, and update to 1.1.3, then purchase the Apps.

That is absolutly not true. I have a bricked ipod touch 2g that is stuck in restore mode and wont connect to itunes. So I am very pissed about it and I am taking it to the apple store to cover it. Will they cover it?

Fa7mac

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
Macau
That is absolutly not true. I have a bricked ipod touch 2g that is stuck in restore mode and wont connect to itunes. So I am very pissed about it and I am taking it to the apple store to cover it. Will they cover it?

Did they cover it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.