Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I was waiting to see what happened at macworld, before spending any money to upgrade my 12" powerbook. Now Macworld has come and the ultra portable has a horrible glossy screen so I will not be buying it. I don't want to have to go to a PC notebook, but it needs to be upgraded.

I know I can't do anything about the processor which is at 1.33Ghz. I plan to max the RAM does anyone have recommendations on where I can get a 1GB stick cheapest? Also what is the largest HD that I can stick in here? And are there any other upgrades that I can do that I haven't thought about?

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I was waiting to see what happened at macworld, before spending any money to upgrade my 12" powerbook. Now Macworld has come and the ultra portable has a horrible glossy screen so I will not be buying it. I don't want to have to go to a PC notebook, but it needs to be upgraded.

I know I can't do anything about the processor which is at 1.33Ghz. I plan to max the RAM does anyone have recommendations on where I can get a 1GB stick cheapest? Also what is the largest HD that I can stick in here? And are there any other upgrades that I can do that I haven't thought about?

Cheapest ram that I found was Ramseeker.com According to this site the max HDD is 250GB

http://www.macservice.com/powerbookg412.html

macjay

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2003
I too would have bought it if not for the glossy screen.

AFAIK there is no 13.3" laptop with a matte screen made by anybody. Not one. I was hoping that today's release was going to be the first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.