Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Has anyone found a way to pull artwork from the iTunes movies? We used to be able to get this hi-res artwork to tag our personal collections. But they have since fixed this. Now with all studios on board, there is artwork for just about any movie. It would be really nice to find a workaround this one.

http://www.thejosher.net/iTunes/methodtwo.php
it used to work here, but not anymore... come on someone must know what to do.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Google images is also a good shot.

I know hot to get amazon and good images one. I'm talking about the hi-res best quality poster within itunes. They used to be so easy to get now it's blocked. They are very hi-res, with not tagging or anything. If we could figure out where they are stored again that would be sweet.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Google image search. I always try search term "allposters MOIVE TITLE HERE" for decent images first. Then if they don't have it I just search by movie title.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
I have the "Simpsons Movie" poster which i took when i rented the movie from iTunes Store, anyone who want it can mail me at patrik.danielsson@gmail.com

We should start a thread where we share artwork from movies we have rented. Seeing as it's blocked, and until someone figures out how to access the art like we used to be able to. We should just all share. Anyone rented Pirates 3? I'm looking for hi-res art for that.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
You can go here to find all the available artwork. It gives you a regular size view, and if hi-res is available it'll show a green plus sign on the right. Enjoy!

Thanks, I've used that site many times before...

I'm talking about the artwork from iTunes, the posters on there are extremely HQ about 3mb each. I'm just picky...

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Here is an example between a hi-res movie poster from impa and hi-res artwork from iTunes... As you can see the itunes copy is much cleaner, they don't put credits on them or review quotes.

Attachments

• Pirates_2.jpg
    Pirates_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,169
  • pirates_of_the_caribbean_dead_mans_chest_ver2_xlg.jpg
    pirates_of_the_caribbean_dead_mans_chest_ver2_xlg.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 792

DarkHeraldMage

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I don't know which I prefer. The itunes one is obviously of a higher quality, but I like having the actual "poster" that was displayed for the movie. If I could get the iTunes ones I'd probably use those, and then just save the posters in a separate folder like I do now.

I'm really interested in doing this for seasons of TV shows. Now that iTunes breaks shows up by season, I hate seeing the same artwork over and over for shows I have multiple seasons of.

anotherstation

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
quick question regarding 'front row',

when scrolling through movies i know the artwork is displayed on the left but is it possible to have some details underneath it (cast, year, plot review)? also are movies displayed alphabetically?

ordovice

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2007
Yes, you can add cast, credit, review, etc type information to an mp4 file using programs such as MetaX (for Mac) or one of the AtomicParsley implementations for Windows. Do a little search on MP4 tagging and you'll find plenty of solutions.

smilinmonki666

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
There is a way to share our information, goto http://www.esnips.com, it gives you 5Gb of espace. That way we can share all sorts, I will soon be creating a website (I know theres others) which will have all my scanned CD's/ Vinyl & DVD artwork on. Not sure on the legalities on this but as the art work downloaded is not very good & hard to find I thought this would be a good start to help out the community who rip there owned versions of the digital media?

until this site is done, we could all use http://www.esnips.com

Hope this helps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.