Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Does anyone know what is actually going on with the iPhone coming to Canada. I hoped so badly that it would be announced yesterday that it was finally crossing the boarder. But it seems like we are left with nothing still. Any other fellow Canadians out there dying to get there hands on a iPhone?

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
I would imagine there are issues with the carriers in Canada. Canadian carriers don't do any flat-rate data services. Bell doles out data in 4 or 8 MB plans and then charges for overages. Telus has various plans that range from 2MB to 1GB. That's a bit of a problem when it comes to the data side of the iPhone. It's probably being attempted but none of the carriers are cooperating. Since the iPhone is all about the data I think you can thank your own country's carriers for screwing you.

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
I would imagine there are issues with the carriers in Canada. Canadian carriers don't do any flat-rate data services. Bell doles out data in 4 or 8 MB plans and then charges for overages. Telus has various plans that range from 2MB to 1GB. That's a bit of a problem when it comes to the data side of the iPhone. It's probably being attempted but none of the carriers are cooperating. Since the iPhone is all about the data I think you can thank your own country's carriers for screwing you.

Damn rogers. Wish they would get there stuff together, they will sell millions if they make it available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.