Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mac OS X 10.5.2 was one of the possible updates surrounding Macworld, but has yet to show up in our software update. The previous seed of Mac OS X 10.5.2 re-introduced a list view to the Stacks.

No announcements about Mac OS X 10.5.2 were made at Macworld, but one submitter noted that the requirements for Time Capsule had stated originally stated a minimum of Mac OS X 10.5.2, though this has since been changed.

Apparently, Apple hasn't quite finished working on Mac OS X 10.5.2 and issued a new seed just yesterday, addressing a number of issues. The latest build is 9C16.

Article Link

rph105

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
It's about time, 10.5.1 has fever bugs than 10.5 but a few of the other bugs need to be ironed out, I'm very happy with my operating system compared to the everage person owning vista, let's see what apple do, how about a quicktime update and iTunes update, visually im talking

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
300-450 MB update!

I want it as soon as possible and stamped to retail. I've been holding off my own purchase of OS X retail for this update. We were hoping to see it at MWSF like 10.4.4.

crackintosh

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
I had a hunch that apple was deliberately delaying 10.5.2 for macworld, however macworld came and went.

I need syslogd fixed!!!

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I hope there is improved performance for Back To My Mac...it still does not work great.

When on the same router, it works flawlessly, however, when trying to access my iMac from any other router (I even tried in the Apple Store), it does not work.

sellitman

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2007
CT
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I'd like to see a aluminum Mac Book with a Touch Pad and an LED backlite screen.

writeous

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2007
Darn it, so that means we have like another month to wait for this update:mad:. That was the only reason I was looking for to MacWorld so much, because I thought the update would come out then. I really hope it fixes my MBP taking 5 minutes to wake out of sleep, or sometimes not waking up at all.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I'd like to see a aluminum Mac Book with a Touch Pad and an LED backlite screen.

Was this a joke, or have you been asleep for the past 48 hours?

macman784

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2007
New X3100 drivers...

Any chance will see new GMA X3100 drivers in the new update... I hope soooooo :confused:

Frixo Cool

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
Croatia
I hope Apple will give us 10.5.2 soon as I am really annoyed with a whole series of bugs. Tiger was superb in that department compared to Leopard now. There are still major bugs in networking, MT OpenGL is broken on PPC and some nVidia cards, many USB devices not recognized after sleep, a dozen of minor app bugs, visual artefacts in Finder (rare, but they do happen), low-res icons on desktop after a few weeks of uptime (never happened on Tiger) and so on, and on...

I love Apple and I think that Leopard is the best OS ever on any platform, but it's really full of bugs - like no OS X before. On the other hand, even with all those problems it's a few ligthyears ahead of Vista, so we should be happy! :)

Apple, please fix it! Invest a bit more in QA! It matters, really!

Thi

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
Same here I was waiting for 10.5.2 to fix my mbp wifi issues. I've cleaned install 4x and still have crappy wifi. On a positive note, my GF is getting a Macbook Air!

crocker84

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
Would it be possible that current mbs and mb pros have the capability of multitouch and that will be unlocked with the 10.5.2 update. That would make sense since the mba won't ship for the next 2 weeks. It may be that we will see the 10.5.2 update within the next 2 weeks along with new mb pros.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Would it be possible that current mbs and mb pros have the capability of multitouch and that will be unlocked with the 10.5.2 update. That would make sense since the mba won't ship for the next 2 weeks. It may be that we will see the 10.5.2 update within the next 2 weeks along with new mb pros.

It seems a little soon to me. I think Apple is going to try and feed off of the Macbook Air announcement a little longer before updating the other laptops.

In Apple's eye, both were recently updated in November (All specs for the Macbook, and just the 2.6 Option for the Macbook Pro). As we know, even that minor 2.6 bump counts as an update to Apple, just look at the Mac Pro 8-Core update for reference last April.

This year though these multi-touch trackpads have to be coming to the other laptops I imagine. Also, by the end of this year Jobs stated all displays would be LED, so the Macbooks (and 17" Macbook Pro) need new displays too.

In short, the updates should be sooner than later, but don't hold your breath.

superspud

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
how will this update get to us? is it something thatwill have to be purchased or will it just be one of the software updates you get randomly?

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA
That MBA thing is no MacBook with an aluminum enclosure!!! its a waist of time

waist=hips, waste=garbage.

and the macbook air is essentially a macbook in an aluminum enclosure with an LED lit screen and a touchpad... just a little thin without a few ports...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.