Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:57 PM   #1
cowm007
macrumors regular

Will Apple TV Take 2 support multiple audio tracks?

I just downloaded iTunes 7.6 and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can now select which audio track I want from the player. I've always ripped DVDs with multiple audio tracks whether it be another language or the commentary track. I used to have to use "Dumpster" to turn on/off audio tracks, but now I can just do it on the spot.

I wonder how they'll implement this on the Apple TV though. Will we have to choose the audio tracks on our computers. Or will there be an option directly from the player?
cowm007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:39 PM   #2
macleod199
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowm007 View Post
I just downloaded iTunes 7.6 and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can now select which audio track I want from the player. I've always ripped DVDs with multiple audio tracks whether it be another language or the commentary track. I used to have to use "Dumpster" to turn on/off audio tracks, but now I can just do it on the spot.

I wonder how they'll implement this on the Apple TV though. Will we have to choose the audio tracks on our computers. Or will there be an option directly from the player?
From screenshots I've seen there's at minimum a place in "settings" to turn off dolby digital for those of us without compatible systems, so I imagine the rentals with 5.1 will have to have at minimum 2 channel and 5.1 audio tracks. There's already language selection in Apple TV, so it's possible it would try to auto-select (which may not always work out).
macleod199 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater