Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I just downloaded iTunes 7.6 and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can now select which audio track I want from the player. I've always ripped DVDs with multiple audio tracks whether it be another language or the commentary track. I used to have to use "Dumpster" to turn on/off audio tracks, but now I can just do it on the spot.

I wonder how they'll implement this on the Apple TV though. Will we have to choose the audio tracks on our computers. Or will there be an option directly from the player?

macleod199

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
I just downloaded iTunes 7.6 and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can now select which audio track I want from the player. I've always ripped DVDs with multiple audio tracks whether it be another language or the commentary track. I used to have to use "Dumpster" to turn on/off audio tracks, but now I can just do it on the spot.

I wonder how they'll implement this on the Apple TV though. Will we have to choose the audio tracks on our computers. Or will there be an option directly from the player?

From screenshots I've seen there's at minimum a place in "settings" to turn off dolby digital for those of us without compatible systems, so I imagine the rentals with 5.1 will have to have at minimum 2 channel and 5.1 audio tracks. There's already language selection in Apple TV, so it's possible it would try to auto-select (which may not always work out).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.