Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:38 PM   #1
unknowng
macrumors member

Streaming Music and Album Art

OK I have a quick question. I've got almost 60 gigs of music and I'm thinking of getting the ATV to stream mainly music to my home theater. I don't really want to get the 160g ATV so I just want to stream the music. My question is will the album art show up like it does in the coverflow view of iTunes. I realize I'll need to have iTunes running, but that's not really a big deal since I'll just have it running on my music server anyway. Thanks in advance,

Greg
unknowng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:57 PM   #2
Madaracs
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowng View Post
OK I have a quick question. I've got almost 60 gigs of music and I'm thinking of getting the ATV to stream mainly music to my home theater. I don't really want to get the 160g ATV so I just want to stream the music. My question is will the album art show up like it does in the coverflow view of iTunes. I realize I'll need to have iTunes running, but that's not really a big deal since I'll just have it running on my music server anyway. Thanks in advance,
The answer right now is NO in Front Row and to my knowledge iTunes. I bugged this on December 24th 2007 with Apple support. This feature was supported in previous versions of iTunes and Front Row but no longer works.

You used to get the album art with your streamed music. It was GREAT especially when you're playing a playlist for a party and folks want to see the album.

Currently, a generic music icon appears instead of the album art. It's lame and boring... and an oversight on the Apple development side. They clearly are able to stream artwork when you rent, buy or preview content from iTMS so it should not be an issue for two computers on the same network in your home. It makes me

Hopefully, they will fix this.
Madaracs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 03:46 PM   #3
blackbones
macrumors member

I get album art with my streamed music.
blackbones is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater