Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amerkit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
A lot of people used skype on my mac with different user names. So i would like to delete all this Skype names from the login screen. How I do that?

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Check on your user library for any skype file.

Or uninstall it and reinstall it, your account info is stored online so you will not loose your saved contacts.
________
medical marijuana

Last edited:

amerkit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Munich, Germany
Many Thanks from Germany @ McGiord :)
I just found it here: User/Local User Name/Library/Application Support/Skype/.
Right there every logged user name has his own folder. Delete the folder with the desired username and restart skype :)

Aquatic

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Marin County, California
Many Thanks from Germany @ McGiord :)
I just found it here: User/Local User Name/Library/Application Support/Skype/.
Right there every logged user name has his own folder. Delete the folder with the desired username and restart skype :)

Thanks, now this is a helpful answer!
Note to users: uninstalling/re-installing Skype did not work for me, but the above did.

Dale Collie

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2008
Didn't work for me

I went to my user name, found library and application support then identified the name in the list there in Finder ... sent it to Trash and emptied trash but the name still shows up in my drop down list when I open Skype

More ideas for doing this on Mac OSX? Thanks

lemurinthewild

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2009
I went to my user name, found library and application support then identified the name in the list there in Finder ... sent it to Trash and emptied trash but the name still shows up in my drop down list when I open Skype

More ideas for doing this on Mac OSX? Thanks

HI,
I just now joined this forum, hoping that I could find some answers to questions that I have in trying to make sense of my new Mac.
I haven't been able to figure out how to delete a Skype user name from my pulldown menu at login, either.
I'm a bit technologically challenged- but would just love it if someone could give some simple(?) instructions on how I could do this. Thanks so much!

abadi93

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
help

for anyone who cant find the file u have to go to the drive hd thing on desktop then users/mac/library/application support/skype then the accounts u want to delete :) hope that helps

ragsaurus

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
new problem

hello,

i seem to have a new problem. i was initially able to follow the previous instructions and delete all the user names. i have attempted to do this again but this time i cannot find skype in the library folder.

what has happened? how can i delete users?

please help.

thank you

answer9

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
delete user names

i have had this problem for a long time and i finally figured it out. the way to do it is go into your mac hd on your desktop. After you do this you click on your user name. You then click on library, from there a long list will show up. Click onto application support and another list will show. click onto skype and simply delete the name or names you no longer want on the log in list. hope this helps

MacNCheese79

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
Further Help

I've deleted user names in the past using the method above, but now when I visit my Application Support there are no longer folders attached to the Skype Application for me to delete.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, and even created a new user name to remove all of my friends login info and Skype still opens with all of my friends usernames attached to my account. I'm really frustrated - can someone please advise? Thanks

crlineg1603

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
California
I've deleted user names in the past using the method above, but now when I visit my Application Support there are no longer folders attached to the Skype Application for me to delete.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, and even created a new user name to remove all of my friends login info and Skype still opens with all of my friends usernames attached to my account. I'm really frustrated - can someone please advise? Thanks

I was having the same problem and later found out how simple it was by just looking around in my hard drive.

Simply go to your "Finder" - then click on your account. From there, click "Library" - "Application Support" - "Skype". You can now open the Skype folder and delete the folders for each user name you no longer use or want to see in your Skype dropdown menu. Restart Skype and you're ready to chat.

Hope this helps! :apple:

MacNCheese79

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
I was having the same problem and later found out how simple it was by just looking around in my hard drive.

Simply go to your "Finder" - then click on your account. From there, click "Library" - "Application Support" - "Skype". You can now open the Skype folder and delete the folders for each user name you no longer use or want to see in your Skype dropdown menu. Restart Skype and you're ready to chat.

Hope this helps! :apple:

I have used that method before, but my issue remains: Now, there is NO Skype folder in Application Support. I'm completely stumped.

domofon5

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
go to users/'mac_user_name_'/library/application support/skype.
Each skype name (skype user) has its own folder.
Go to the skype name folder you want to hide and remove file 'config.xml'
This way you'll keep the chat history but the skype name won't be visible on the list next time when you open the skype.

tombuck4

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
I can't find Skype in the Application support folder.

I had the same problem too, i hope this helps.
I made the mistake of clicking on, macintosh hd/library/application support and not being able to find skype.

you need to go to macintosh hd/users/'mac_user_name_'/library/application support/skype.

I could not find library on my user so after a bit of hunting found that a mac update had somehow hidden the file. i followed this: http://www.pressbyte.com/4504/fix-os-1071-hidden-library-folder/

The folder is now back and application support is in there with the skype folder.

Dont know if this is any help to you but i thought id let you know

Tom

hazal

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2011
thank u

for anyone who cant find the file u have to go to the drive hd thing on desktop then users/mac/library/application support/skype then the accounts u want to delete :) hope that helps

many thank's u help me to delete it:)

GMcMelbourne

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2012
I had the same problem too, i hope this helps.
I made the mistake of clicking on, macintosh hd/library/application support and not being able to find skype.

you need to go to macintosh hd/users/'mac_user_name_'/library/application support/skype.

I could not find library on my user so after a bit of hunting found that a mac update had somehow hidden the file. i followed this: http://www.pressbyte.com/4504/fix-os-1071-hidden-library-folder/

The folder is now back and application support is in there with the skype folder.

Dont know if this is any help to you but i thought id let you know

Tom

Thanks Tom... I also had the same issue. After a lot of hunting around (with the same info over and over that didn't help!) your post sorted me out. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.2 and the problem still exists.

Thanks for your help - it's appreciated!

Garry, Melbourne

quwaishan

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
some of id need to delete

A lot of people used skype on my mac with different user names. So i would like to delete all this Skype names from the login screen. How I do that?

in my lap most f the people using skype some of the user name i wnts 2 remove from tht pge hw cn i?

jogeor

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
Here is another easy way to reveal Library!

Open New Finder Window =>
make sure your user name is selected =>
Click Go in the top menu =>
Press and hold the “alt” key =>
then click Library which will now be showing and you can click on it.

All the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.