Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
anyone know how to get the lyrics???

should have a couple of songs on the phone with them

have you tried resyncing all music to it? disable the music sync section, sync, then enable it and sync. Maybe the lyrics get dropped normally, or they get indexed in some special way with the new version. Also may have to get the new version of itunes first.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
will try that!!!!
very cool update but maps thinks my locations in columbia:confused:
anyone in the uk got this working right?

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
yeah I tried looking for lyrics and can't figure out where they're at (I use the lyrics section for track notes and stuff on mixsets I have).

I noticed after updating to itunes 7.6 there's 189mb of "other" in there that wasn't before.

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Lyrics work by tapping the album cover when a track is playing.
My location worked for me, although once when I tried it it told me I was in Tenerife, unfortunately when I looked out the window was still in cold, damp, dull Scotland....

Schmoe0013

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
from what i saw, if you tap the screen with the album art, the lyrics will show up if they are in your itunes song.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
yeah I tried looking for lyrics and can't figure out where they're at (I use the lyrics section for track notes and stuff on mixsets I have).

I noticed after updating to itunes 7.6 there's 189mb of "other" in there that wasn't before.

I have got this too. and my google maps isn't working. I am in the north west of england and not got edge coverage.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
just found out for quicker typing you can touch with one thumb then anouther and lift the first then the second so if your quick and overlap it still registers, the little things :)

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Instead of Ignore/View when you receive a text, it says Close/Reply

I don't really like this new system, I liked the old one better. That way if I got a text, I could Ignore without having to worry that I hadn't replied because the indicator would still say I have new messages.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I don't really like this new system, I liked the old one better. That way if I got a text, I could Ignore without having to worry that I hadn't replied because the indicator would still say I have new messages.

I like that, I just want MMS capabability!

NitrousFlare

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007

Oh wow, I just realized that.

That is moderately sucky :(

eXpress

macrumors member
May 20, 2007
For me in the same location, Maps has been precisely on at times and a couple miles off at other times. I guess it really depends on the coverage around you. My guess is it would probably work pretty nicely in a big city.

Props to Apple though, I like the Maps update and at least they tried to give us some sort of GPS.

bvledford

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Manually Manage songs!!!!

the option to manually manage songs and videos is now in the summary screen!!! you can play play songs in itunes straight from the iphone. no more auto syncing to a playlist just drag and drop!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.