Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr9758

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2007
Eh... hopefully very soon... most definitely within a few weeks. I got all excited when I received an email from Apple about movie rentals, but they aren't actually available yet.

Personally, I'm anxious to see how the HD works out after being disappointed by Voodoo.

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
29th of Jan. Steve said in 2 weeks and from what I've read in these forums, apparently updates come out on Tuesdays.

I think the Tuesday thing holds true for most hardware updates. However, software tends to come out whenever Apple thinks it's ready. I think you're right on the basic timeframe (end of January), but not necessarily on the 29th.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Whhaaagghhh!!!!! (I don't know what that sounds like)!!! I'm so pshyced about this update!!! I want it now!!!!! I'm really looking forward to Flickr!!! Not long now.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
Whhaaagghhh!!!!! (I don't know what that sounds like)!!! I'm so pshyced about this update!!! I want it now!!!!! I'm really looking forward to Flickr!!! Not long now.

I'm considering buying an Apple TV just because of this update, what do you guys think, should i buy or wait?

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
I'm considering buying an Apple TV just because of this update, what do you guys think, should i buy or wait?

I'd get one....the hardware isn't going to change. It's just a software update that will give us the rentals and other features. No reason to wait in my opinion.

I just bought my 2nd Apple TV and hooked it up today. I love being able to bring all my movies, photos, music, etc. to my tv any time I want. It's going to even better when I can rent movies too. It's easy to use and works very well. I'd recommend one to anybody.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I'd get one....the hardware isn't going to change. It's just a software update that will give us the rentals and other features. No reason to wait in my opinion.

I just bought my 2nd Apple TV and hooked it up today. I love being able to bring all my movies, photos, music, etc. to my tv any time I want. It's going to even better when I can rent movies too. It's easy to use and works very well. I'd recommend one to anybody.

I'm excited about it, the price on the refurb store is cheep.

and I need a new TV anyway, and this seems to be the perfect reason to buy an HD Widescreen, so I can use an ATV.

Either that or pic up another refurb ACD to use as a TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.