Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:09 AM   #1
iamfiremansam
macrumors newbie

Send a message via MSN to iamfiremansam
Ipod Touch Not Turning On

Well this morning I went to turn on my ipod touch (as you do) and to my surprise nothing happened! I tried all 2 buttons, holding them down, and together etc. I knew the battery wasn't flat or anything. So I plugged it into itunes, and kept trying to turn it on. About 2 minutes later it finally booted up (to my enormous relief) and worked perfectly.
Then later in the day after not using it for a few hours, I tried to wake it from sleep, but it did the same thing and wouldn't turn back on.
It has since done it yet again after turning it off myself, and not turning back on.
I could try reseting it all and wiping it and starting it again to try and sort it out, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem?

Please reply with any ideas
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:29 PM   #2
xXriderXx7
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to xXriderXx7
I havent heard of this happening.
I would restore.

Tell us how it goes.
5G 30GB iPod, 16GB iPod Nano
xXriderXx7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 02:19 AM   #3
iamfiremansam
macrumors newbie

Well today it as though it is back to normal. It's turning on fine after being off and from sleeping.
I can't figure out why it was doing that the day before. It has left me puzzled.
The only things that were different is I put it into a new case and the weather has been slightly hotter than normal (as it's summer in New Zealand) But I would hardly think either of those would have had any impact on it.

If it plays up again I will keep you posted.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 04:59 AM   #4
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Im aware of weather conditions causing issues with cellfones which can cause moisture to occur inside, so it could be what you describe !

iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey - iOS 7.1.2
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey - WiFi. iOS7.1.2
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 04:27 AM   #5
iamfiremansam
macrumors newbie

Well it has started playing up yet again after going a full day without any problems. I guess I will try reseting it and see how it goes from there.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:03 AM   #6
tony056
macrumors newbie

Hi i am new here also i am having the same problem but it was working throughout the whole day then it just stopped working (Ipod touch) i just don't have the slightest idea why plz help me.

Ipod touch 8GB
tony056 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 05:32 PM   #7
touchaholic
macrumors newbie

okay well i have the EXACT same problem. My ipod touch 2G is only 2 weeks old and today when i went to turn it on from sleeping it didnt respond.. i thought oh maybe it died. so i plugged it in my computer and it has half full battery!!! i am pissed off. i dont want to get a new one as i have a one use skin on it which was pretty expensive.
now its plugged in and it went to sleep.. it wont even turn on now!! im am freaking out!

HELP i could restore but thats a pain as i just jailbroke it.. could this have anything to do with it?

EDIT:well atfer like 10 TIMES of trying to reset it it worked... if it happens again im coming back here to see if anything has been said.. ive searched on google and this seems to be a common fault with touchs.... wtf.. stupid apple i thought 2G was meant to be all fixed up and what not

Last edited by touchaholic; Mar 14, 2009 at 05:45 PM.
touchaholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Austin2048
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Austin2048 Send a message via MSN to Austin2048 Send a message via Yahoo to Austin2048
ive had the same exact thing happen to my iPod touch but only one time
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:48 AM   #9
RICHARD2009
macrumors newbie

Angry my IPOD TOUCH is NOT TURNING ON

today i went to turn on my ipod touch 16gb 2nd generation at 10am today it wouldn't even turn on today in fact i pluged it in to my windows computer and itunes please give me some advice on it and i have no idea how to sort it out please help me
RICHARD2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:26 PM   #10
BJB Productions
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD2009 View Post
today i went to turn on my ipod touch 16gb 2nd generation at 10am today it wouldn't even turn on today in fact i pluged it in to my windows computer and itunes please give me some advice on it and i have no idea how to sort it out please help me
Wow...I've heard of a lot of people having this same issue with their 2nd gens..I'm glad I never got one...Bring it to the Apple store and they can run tests on it and tell you the good or bad news...thats my only suggestion.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:52 AM   #11
socalnighter
macrumors newbie

Today I experinced the same problem. My iTouch is the first generation and has worked very well during past two years. This morning it didn't turn on at all, and even when I hooked it to my Windows box, it doesn't show any activity and Windows also doesn't see any USB device, let alone itunes. Please help, I really need my musics in it, help.
socalnighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:57 AM   #12
socalnighter
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalnighter View Post
Today I experinced the same problem. My iTouch is the first generation and has worked very well during past two years. This morning it didn't turn on at all, and even when I hooked it to my Windows box, it doesn't show any activity and Windows also doesn't see any USB device, let alone itunes. Please help, I really need my musics in it, help.
OK, now turning on, I hold both buttons for 10 seconds while plugged into my Windows box, now seems to be back to normal life. HOOOOH!
socalnighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:49 PM   #13
juliamarie28
macrumors newbie

Smile Solution!

I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, and it had the exact same problem! The way I've fixed it is if you plug it into your computer (i dont know if this part is neccessary or not) and hold down the home and on/off button for a while, until it turns on. To avoid it, every time you set it down for more than 5 or so minutes, turn it off instead of letting it sleep.
juliamarie28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 05:52 PM   #14
MoonlightHound
macrumors newbie

Please Help

Hi, I was on Skype with some of my friends on my iTouch (4th Gen) and when i pressed the little button at the top it went to sleep, but when i went to press the button to turn it on again it wouldn't turn on at all. It has been working all day. I tried plugging it up to my iHome didn't turn on, plugged it up to my computer still wouldn't turn on. I don't know what to do, please help.
MoonlightHound is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:24 PM   #15
hazzer101
macrumors newbie

not turning on

I have an ipod touch 2g and one day i went to turn it on and it wouldnt. i tried everything apart from what my friend told me. it had happend to him before and he told me you just hold both the home button and the lock button at the same time for some time and it turned on
hazzer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:34 PM   #16
scottm8888
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice

This problem happened to my 8-year old son. After saving allowances, birthday money, Christmas cash gifts, etc. for a year... He finally had enough to buy an iTouch. Today he set it down to come help me with something and when he went back to turn it on, it was blank and wouldn't respond. He thought it was dead and you can imagine how sad he was. So I helped him find all the posts here and we followed the advice. Plugged it in to the PC with his itunes, he held down both buttons and we together counted down from 10. Exactly on 0, the little apple logo showed up! So happy. Thanks to everyone who took their time to share this. Best Wishes.
scottm8888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:21 AM   #17
rrls
macrumors newbie

facing same problem with ipod touch 4th gen

Hi,
today morning my ipod touch 4th gen didnot turn on and was very much disappointed. I thought this is the end of it and there goes my money in the drain. but after seeing the post i got my hopes up. I will try the solution mentioned in the post and let you know if worked.
Thanks
R.S:
cool:
rrls is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:48 AM   #18
ikahlE43
macrumors newbie

i am having the same problem

ikahlE43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch