Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frygania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
hi guys,
i'm a new mac user after using windows environment over 10 years so far.
so, i have lot of questions about it..
one of them is that i recently tried to install parallels desktop in order for me to have windows xp on my imac at the same time. the thing is that this moment, parallels is expired so i cannot open my xp anymore. i think that i will try boot camp, but before it i'd like to learn a way about how can i open my windows files (for example i have downloaded enough movies there and so on), to save them somewhere. is there any way for it?
also i am wondering if these virtual windows xp needs an antivirus when i am surfing on the net.
thank u in advance!
:apple:

jbkendrick

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Accessing Windows Disk from Mac w/ Parallels

While I have no experience working with Parallels without a valid license, if you still have the application installed, try using Parallels Explorer which should be in the Parallels folder in Applicatons. Again, I am not sure if that application is disabled as well when the license expires, it might be.

Once you get past this dilemma and get a working license, you may want to check out http://johnkendrick.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/mbp-leopard-install-with-parallels-3/ and other posts on this blog for information and experiences using Parallels. Good luck, John.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.