Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1
djsound
macrumors 6502a

album art not transferring to iphone

i made album art of my own using google in itunes for all my songs but when i sync to my iphone only about 3 of them transferred over to my iphone. anyone know whats up? thanks
djsound is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Monk Edsel
macrumors regular

You have to make sure the art is assigned to every singe song and not just some of the tracks. iTunes will make it look like every song has the art applied in CoverFlow, but if you do Get Info and look under the Artwork tab, you may find certain tracks are missing art. If this is the case, the iPhone will not display art for those tracks.
Monk Edsel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:50 PM   #3
djsound
macrumors 6502a

So if I have 20 songs in my library I need to have album art for ALL 20 songs? That doesnt make sense...The ones I cant find anything for , doesnt it just leave that album blank (or black)? There are a couple no name bands that I can not even find any jpeg to use for thier cover art.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Monk Edsel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsound View Post
So if I have 20 songs in my library I need to have album art for ALL 20 songs? That doesnt make sense...The ones I cant find anything for , doesnt it just leave that album blank (or black)? There are a couple no name bands that I can not even find any jpeg to use for thier cover art.
Well, to use your example of 20 songs, if you (hypothetically) have 4 albums with 5 songs each, each song in each album needs to have art assigned if you want to see the album art for any one of those albums/songs in the Album List view or the CoverFlow view. But if you have 20 different songs from 20 different albums, and some of those songs have art, and others are blank, then the songs that have art should display the art (since they are the only songs present from their respective albums), and the songs that have no art will be blank.
Monk Edsel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:21 PM   #5
Daremo
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Daremo Send a message via Skype™ to Daremo
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsound View Post
He means per album. Make sure every song on the album has the same cover art attached.
Daremo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 01:31 PM   #6
djsound
macrumors 6502a

DOH!....i was thinking every song had different 'album' art..I guess I should pay more attention...'ALBUM' art..hehe..right in front of me ...thanks guys

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone