Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aboysown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I just bought and installed Office 2008, but I'm in Japan. Everything of course is in Japanese, and I cannot work in Japanese. Is there anyway to convert the language to English?:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I'm not sure on changing languages, but you might want to change what format is saves in before you do anything with it, incase .docx is incompatible with what other people you send documents to are using. It can be changed in Preferences, I came across the issue myself tonight.

CaptainHaddock

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2004
Nagoya, Japan
I just bought and installed Office 2008, but I'm in Japan. Everything of course is in Japanese, and I cannot work in Japanese. Is there anyway to convert the language to English?:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft doesn't understand OS X and its multilingual nature. I believe the version of Office sold in Japan is Japanese-only (for the interface), or so my friend who just installed it tells me. This cannot be changed.

One wonders, though, why someone living in Japan wouldn't be able to use Office in Japanese. English might be easier, but still...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.