Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverwing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Florida
Hey guys, I just recently joined (more like 5 minutes ago but whos counting) And was wondering, has anyone found any downsides to a hacked iPhone?

I want to hack mine but I am extremly worried of being bricked. What are the odds of being caught and bricked? And if I have to send in for a warrenty can I just restore it and it will be good to go? And I hear rumors that some hacks change everything so even a restore wont work, is this true?

And what would be the best hack for the new firmware 1.1.3?

Thanks for any and all help! :)

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Hey guys, I just recently joined (more like 5 minutes ago but whos counting) And was wondering, has anyone found any downsides to a hacked iPhone?

I want to hack mine but I am extremly worried of being bricked. What are the odds of being caught and bricked? And if I have to send in for a warrenty can I just restore it and it will be good to go? And I hear rumors that some hacks change everything so even a restore wont work, is this true?

And what would be the best hack for the new firmware 1.1.3?

Thanks for any and all help! :)

As it stands, there are no available hacks for 1.1.3. They're slated for release in February. There are some downsides (you'll have to format your iPhone if you need to take it in for service, I've found some apps will slow down the phone) but nothing really serious.

If you're asking the question, you probably shouldn't do it.

Silverwing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Florida
Ok thanks alot for the quick reply. :) I will just wait for the SDK to come out and hope alot of people will contribute.

(aww this forum doesnt have a rep button ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.