Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:22 PM   #1
iSeven
macrumors newbie

How to Delete all text messages?

Hi all,

Newbie on the forums here. So I have this problem. I have 754 individual SMS conversations on my iPhone. How can i delete them ALL without having to go through each one and deleting it? I've already searched Google, Apple.com/support and this forum. I even went and waited at the genius bar and for over the phone tech support. No answers to my problem. The Apple phone support told me to delete them all by "easily tapping the red circle with a dash on the left side, then tapping delete on the right side." But I really don't feel like tapping 1400+ times. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

============

How i got 754 text messages? Well I work for a sports technology company that tracks marathon runners whenever they tie a "ChampionChip" to their shoe while running. Once they run over a special mat, it sends data to a computer, which then sends a text message to people who signed up to receive notifications when that person runs over 1 of those mats.

My co-worker used my cell phone number as a test number 1 week before the Houston Marathon and Disney Half Marathon. He forgot to take it off the computer system before the races started. Now my work owes me money.
iSeven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:39 PM   #2
westernmass
macrumors 6502

I think you are out of luck. just like the runners crossing the finish line, one at a time you will have to delete them
westernmass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 08:36 AM   #3
mrplastik
macrumors newbie

Delete all SMS Text Messages off your iPhone at once.

After many weeks of dealing with this, I got fed up and dug into the guts. The result of which, is an app that will clear *ALL* text messages in a single click. You may find said application at:

http://www.utternerd.org/Delete+all+...iPhone+at+once
mrplastik is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting