Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:33 AM   #1
brian0526
macrumors regular

"Stuck" message in Mail

I have a bizarre situation with Mac Mail. I have a message that I cannot get out of my in-box. It's grayed out. It won't display. But, the header keeps showing up in my "Inbox". I've tried moving it to the trash using the menu. I've tried using the delete button. But, no matter what I do, it will just not go away.

I've never seen anything like this and have no clue what happened with this email to make it so persistent. Any ideas?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:34 AM   #2
dalvin200
macrumors 68040

is it a POP or IMAP account?

If it's an IMAP account try deleting that message off the server and then "get mail" in Apple Mail..

Have you tried quitting out of mail and coming back in?

Rebooting Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian0526 View Post
I have a bizarre situation with Mac Mail. I have a message that I cannot get out of my in-box. It's grayed out. It won't display. But, the header keeps showing up in my "Inbox". I've tried moving it to the trash using the menu. I've tried using the delete button. But, no matter what I do, it will just not go away.

I've never seen anything like this and have no clue what happened with this email to make it so persistent. Any ideas?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Queso
macrumors 603

Had this myself once. Here's the solution from the Apple site. It was the index rebuild that fixed it for me.
Queso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:43 AM   #4
brian0526
macrumors regular

Thanks

You guys are awesome!

I did a rebuild of the mailbox and the message went away (after only 4 months).

Peace,
Brian

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store