Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
gmt
macrumors newbie

Spilled coffee on my macbook!

I managed to spill 3 cups of coffee and sugar all over my macbook! It poured all over the keyboard and turned off after a sec or 2.
I drained what i could out of it, removed the keyboard top to wipe up any pools inside, and have the batt, hd, and dvd out. So far it seems like the keys arent sticking and since i have it apart right now, i'd like to do whatever cleaning is possible at this point.
How would i go about cleaning the inside? I dont have distilled h20 and I've read that isopropyl alcohol is a good way to go. can i put components like the keyboard in an alcohol bath to rinse them out? any help is apprecaited
gmt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:42 AM   #2
REDACTED
macrumors newbie

Join the club, and watch out for this after it's dried out: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419020

;-)
REDACTED is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro