Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Butthead

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
All depends on what CPU and when this rumored Lenovo lappy appears. Tech features on it says 2Ghz LV Merom/Santa Rosa, 3 USB ports, but no FW, just like the MBA :(. I'll bet it costs a lot more than a MBA with a standard SSD, 4GB RAM capability with 2 Dimm slots.

A new CPU coming in May, according to digitimes link below? Will the MBA be updated by then, with these new CPU's in 22mm die size?
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cach...ontevina+CPUs+in+May&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

But all of the "x300" stats seem to make it a much higher performer than the MBA, and it's got that wicked 'nipple' thingy, lol.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/01/19/lenovo.x300.leak/

http://gizmodo.com/346797/ultralight-lenovo-x300-series-thinkpad-leaked

"integrated DVD burner"? Would make it thicker, but you do get a 1400x900 screen.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Not going to appeal to the people purchasing the MBA.

Its horribly ugly. It'll easily cost tons more than even the SSD MBA.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I guess I can say this. Butthead, how does one kill Air? :D
Seriously, umm, it doesn't run OS X, it looks ugly, and Sony also makes $3000+ ultras. Apple has simply chosen to finally enter the market. This is not the same as the iPhone. They have not shocked the world who is now frantically trying to catch up.

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
The MBA is a fashion laptop. The Lenovo is a productivity laptop. You can't compare the two.

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
MBA = fashion
Lenovo = absolutely nothing, waste of space

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you. But the client market for the Lenovo will be markedly different from that of the MBA. Enjoy thinking Apple's superior on your own.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
I'm not going to waste time arguing with you. But the client market for the Lenovo will be markedly different from that of the MBA. Enjoy thinking Apple's superior on your own.

Well then, any mention of the Air is pointless if its "marketed" differently.

esvee

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008

Amen. Lenovos business clientèle will love having their bulletproof thinkpads in a more portable package.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Looks beautiful. :rolleyes:

x300.jpg

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
I think all Lenova Thinkpads are ugly, and there is no laptop out there (or to be released) that will kill the Macbook Air because the Macbook Air is the only one to have OSX

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
and there is no laptop out there (or to be released) that will kill the Macbook Air because the Macbook Air is the only one to have OSX

And don't Apple know it!

If they took their heads out their arses and release a true ultra portable that wasn't thousands of Dollars they'd still make a fortune out of it.

Catch

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
London, UK
and there is no laptop out there (or to be released) that will kill the Macbook Air because the Macbook Air is the only one to have OSX

Glad someone finally mentioned this. Thus, how can it be a MBA killer? The MBA haters are going from silly to shockingly ignorant...

Enjoy that nice trackpad!

Regards,

C

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
And don't Apple know it!

If they took their heads out their arses and release a true ultra portable that wasn't thousands of Dollars they'd still make a fortune out of it.

I agree. I hope my post didn't sound like I'm a huge fan of the Macbook Air or anything because I'm not. I would buy one if it was more realistically priced, but for my needs, a Macbook would make far better sense, and a MBP for my main machine.

shadie

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2004
GMT+8
Got to kidding.

I've ran OS X on my last three Thinkpads (Z60M, X60 and T60P) so your argument is moot.

The specs on this look great. 2.5lb with an onboard DVD, faster CPU, multiple WWAN, EDO, GPS options. Standard battery, enhanced battery and optional ultrabay battery when the DVD is removed.

If you guy's don't think this is an outstandingly spec'd laptop, I really give up!!

Choice of a MBA or this for 3K, Lenovo has my money. The reasons are in bold.

13.3 LED Backlit Screen 1440X900 Resolution
Up to 4Gig Ram
Kensington Security Lock
3 X USB
1 X VGA
Docking Port
7mm DVD Burner
Gigabit Ethernet
PC Express Card Slot (3/4)
Microphone in port
Fingerprint Reader
WebCam
WWAN
WIMAX
GPS
Thinklight (Keyboard Light)
Touchpad AND Trackpoint
3 X PCI-E slots

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
That has to be the ugliest laptop I've seen in a while. And that trackpad is laughable. Looks 12 years old.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
I've ran OS X on my last three Thinkpads (Z60M, X60 and T60P) so your argument is moot.

The specs on this look great. 2.5lb with an onboard DVD, faster CPU, multiple WWAN, EDO, GPS options. Standard battery, enhanced battery and optional ultrabay battery when the DVD is removed.

If you guy's don't think this is an outstandingly spec'd laptop, I really give up!!

Choice of a MBA or this for 3K, Lenovo has my money. The reasons are in bold.

13.3 LED Backlit Screen 1440X900 Resolution
Up to 4Gig Ram
Kensington Security Lock
3 X USB
1 X VGA
Docking Port
7mm DVD Burner
Gigabit Ethernet
PC Express Card Slot (3/4)
Microphone in port
Fingerprint Reader
WebCam
WWAN
WIMAX
GPS
Thinklight (Keyboard Light)
Touchpad AND Trackpoint
3 X PCI-E slots

Earlier in the thread I said fully functional, not a hacked copy. When I say fully functional I mean everything works including apps like iLife, etc...

Your Thinkpads ran a fully functional OS X copy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.