Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Justin33
macrumors regular

Post pics of your unluckiest items...

I'll start.

My girlfriend gave me these university of Louisville (Go cards!) car coasters. They go in your car cup holders. Within a few weeks, I had the first and only car accident in my life. It was horrible, easily the worst experience of my life. Insurance issues, for instance. Don't want to get into it.

With my car gone, I don't know what to do with them. I WILL NOT put them in my new car!

Justin33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:21 PM   #2
adk
macrumors 68000

I've been in two car accidents during snowstorms, and in both instances Aerosmith was playing on the radio. It's not really an item, but now when driving during snowfall I listen to podcasts!
adk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:56 AM   #3
localoid
macrumors 68020

Anyone who's currently suffering under the curse of unlucky paper money can send it to me, and I'll be glad to perform the steps necessary to remove you from its curse.

If you've been unlucky lately, it may be because you have cursed money, so I'd suggest you empty your wallet, and send me all your cash, because, unless you're an expert on cursed money, it's really difficult to determine which bill (or bills) might be cursed.

Cursed or even haunted paper money is fairly common. Don't try to destroy the cursed or haunted money yourself, and don't try giving it away or spending it -- that won't remove the curse or evil spirits! The only way to remove yourself from long term effects of the curse/evil-spirits is to send the tainted money to me, so I can perform the appropriate curse/evil-spirit removing ceremony as taught to me by the ghost of Alexander Hamilton.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 02:21 PM   #4
gkarris
macrumors 604

*looks for pictures of old girlfriends*

Old Oct 13, 2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Justin33
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk View Post
I've been in two car accidents during snowstorms, and in both instances Aerosmith was playing on the radio. It's not really an item, but now when driving during snowfall I listen to podcasts!
I've also had a bad experience with Aerosmith. Agreed, totally unlucky!
Justin33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2014, 03:23 PM   #6
copykris
macrumors 6502a

worst car accident i ever had i had lou reed's berlin on

very fittingly dark, but i make a point of not even having it on my ipod anymore these days

only listen to it in the comfort of my home

oh, pic, right:

copykris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Justin33
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by copykris View Post
worst car accident i ever had i had lou reed's berlin on

very fittingly dark, but i make a point of not even having it on my ipod anymore these days

only listen to it in the comfort of my home

oh, pic, right:

Seems about right. I have no idea what was playing on my radio in my accident!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Apple fanboy
macrumors 603

Should I just post a selfie, as I'm naturally unlucky. Only time I ever won the lottery I'd lost the ticket!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:46 PM   #9
mtasquared
macrumors member

Here's a story. Six years ago while on a river cruise up and down the Nile I picked up a small chipped piece of limestone from the base of the Great Pyramid. I brought it home, displaying it on my side table. BAD IDEA. Within months my wife developed fatigue and dizziness…she had contracted lymphoma, a cancer of the blood. After brushes with death and two rounds of chemo she is back to healthy. But not before she said "I have had enough" and made me throw away that rock. Do not futz around with ancient Egyptian artifacts. There were street people selling the real deal, heads of statues, etc. recently plundered from graves. Do not buy them.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:51 AM   #10
Justin33
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtasquared View Post
Here's a story. Six years ago while on a river cruise up and down the Nile I picked up a small chipped piece of limestone from the base of the Great Pyramid. I brought it home, displaying it on my side table. BAD IDEA. Within months my wife developed fatigue and dizziness…she had contracted lymphoma, a cancer of the blood. After brushes with death and two rounds of chemo she is back to healthy. But not before she said "I have had enough" and made me throw away that rock. Do not futz around with ancient Egyptian artifacts. There were street people selling the real deal, heads of statues, etc. recently plundered from graves. Do not buy them.
Wow, thats pretty crazy.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 03:10 AM   #11
Apple fanboy
macrumors 603

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your wife, and glad she recovered. But it had nothing to do with a rock from Egypt.
My wife's mother died of the same thing a while back. She never went to Egypt.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:21 PM   #12
mtasquared
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple fanboy View Post
Sorry to hear about your wife, and glad she recovered. But it had nothing to do with a rock from Egypt.
My wife's mother died of the same thing a while back. She never went to Egypt.
Sorry to hear about your mother in law. You don't have to go to Egypt to get lymphoma. All I'm saying is that there is thing called King Tut's curse, and I believe it affects people who plunder ancient Egyptian graves. I believe in spiritual phenomena. (I used to be a hardcore atheist, but over the years experience has taught me otherwise.)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 01:57 PM   #13
copykris
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
the part about your wife is obviously terrible, but the notion that any of that had anything to do with a rock from a pyramid in egypt is a load of malarkey
copykris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:25 PM   #14
Justin33
macrumors regular

Annnnd back on topic!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 03:40 AM   #15
chochucson
macrumors newbie

i just come here to read comment
chochucson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery