Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frikkyco

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Done some searching, found nothing. When I get my email on my iPod, it's deleting it from the server so I no longer have it on my Mac. It was set to delete from server after 7 days, but it doesn't even take a minute. What can I do? Now when I go to get email on the Mac, it asks for my password a million times and won't let me in. What the heck? Thanks.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Done some searching, found nothing. When I get my email on my iPod, it's deleting it from the server so I no longer have it on my Mac. It was set to delete from server after 7 days, but it doesn't even take a minute. What can I do? Now when I go to get email on the Mac, it asks for my password a million times and won't let me in. What the heck? Thanks.

I'm guessing you're connected to your mail via IMAP which will delete things from the server if you delete them on the client. Not sure about your login issue on your Mac, couple be related but there's no obvious reason it would be, unless your mail server only allows one connection per account at a time and you have both devices connected at once. That would do it, I suppose, but doesn't seem like a particularly common server configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.