Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevemolitor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
I work at home on OS X and connect to my office VPN using Juniper's Network Connect software. I also run Windows XP on my OS X using VMWare, and sometimes connect to the office VPN on XP, using the windows NetworkConnect client. I have two questions:

1. I installed MS Office 2008 Standard on my macbook. I can not get MS Messenger to talk to the MS communications service through the VPN. I have apple mail talking to the exchange server just fine, and entourage is also talking to the exchange server. I configured messenger with the communication service name, by id, etc., but no luck. It says 'service unavailable try later', even though I can ping the service box using the same DNS name from the terminal command line. Has anyone with Office 2008 for Mac got MS Messenger to talk to their internal office system?

2. As a workaround I connected to work via XP on VMware, and connected to the office IM system using MS Communicator on XP. That worked fine. However, as soon as use Juniper network connect to connect to the office VPN on XP/VMWare, my OS X Juniper Network Connect disconnects. And vice versa. I really want both OS X and my XP VM connected to the VPN at the same time. I'm using a NAT connection on VMWare; played around with a bridge connection without much luck but didn't try to hard. Anyone have any ideas here? Again I'm trying to find some way for my VMWare XP and OS X to both connect to the office VPN using Juniper NetworkConnect, at the same time.

Thanks!

Steve

shaneforu

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2009
How to conenct to office network using Jupiter Network Services on MAC

Well...not a solution but another question, you mentioned that you access your office network from your MAC (I am assuming the Ofiice system is a PC). Can you please help me with how do you do that ? I want to buy a MAC for my wife, she usually works from home and remotely logs in to the office desktop which runs Windows.

I am skeptical about buying a MAC because I'm not sure if she'll be able to use MAC to access her office Machine.I did some research & she uses Juniper Network Services from her Current Laptop (windows based) to get into the office network. I haven't found a MAC version of the software yet so I am contemplating of investing 1500 bucks in a machine which she wont be able to use for work.

Please Help!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.