Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:37 AM   #1
MadDoc
macrumors 6502

TV Show Organisation

I've just been playing around with my new 40GB Apple TV (version 1.1) and I love it.

I do have one question/point to make.

Why are TV shows organised poorly? In iTunes, I have painstakingly entered in each TV show's season number and episode number and in my library on my Mac they are displayed as you would expect (by season with the first episode at the top and the last at the bottom - with artwork for each individual season).

On the Apple TV however, they are organised by show only. For instance, when you navigate to '24', instead of being able to display by season you simply get a long list of all 144 episodes. Is there a better way to display this? Have I done something wrong? Is this likely to be fixed in Apple TV "Take Two"?

MadDoc,
iPad 3 | iPhone 4S | Nikon D60
MadDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 09:12 AM   #2
IdiddidI
macrumors member

I read somewhere on this forum that they will be organized by Season in Take 2 (similar to iTunes)... I do not understand why the episodes are listed in descending order--that makes no sense to me at all. Let's hope that will be changing in version 2 as well.
IdiddidI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 02:31 PM   #3
jbellanca
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiddidI View Post
I read somewhere on this forum that they will be organized by Season in Take 2 (similar to iTunes)... I do not understand why the episodes are listed in descending order--that makes no sense to me at all. Let's hope that will be changing in version 2 as well.
It's newest at the top because if you're downloading a Tv show that's currently airing, say - Stargate Atlantis - the newest episode will show up first in the list. Just like most DVR's do. Just may not make the most sense for older shows.
jbellanca is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater