Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 23, 2008, 03:44 PM   #1
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

My mac will not wake up from sleep by hitting keys or moving mouse!

Hi there, For some reason when I put my mac mini to sleep and i try to wake it up it will not wake up anymore. It use to work fine. I originally had a wireless keyboard and mouse and it worked great, then I changed over to a wired KB and Mouse and it still worked great. Then now at present I went back to my wireless KB and mouse and it does not wake up when I hit my spacebar or any key and or move my mouse.

I am running leopard 10.51 and never had a problem until I switched back. I checked my settings in Energy Saver and it has the options checked Wake for Ethernet network, and also under Other options allow power button to put computer to sleep. So what am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

WizardHunt
Old Jan 23, 2008, 04:16 PM   #2
lamina
macrumors 68000

Shut down the computer. After pressing the power button to boot up again, hold down the following keys all at once:
-option-P-R

You should hear another startup chime (aka boonngggggg).

Let us know if it works.
lamina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:47 PM   #3
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamina View Post
Shut down the computer. After pressing the power button to boot up again, hold down the following keys all at once:
-option-P-R

Let us know if it works.
That was a no go! 8-( however I went into my settings again and I thought I checked this but somehow missed it the last time, I guess but in the mouse and keyboard area of sys prefs, there is a bluetooth tab, and the option to allow blue tooth devices to wake up the computer is now there so I checked it and it works, 8-) I wonder if the options above you had me do made that available as a option because I didn't see it before or I really messed up and missed it the first time.

Thanks for the pointers.
WizardHunt
Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:49 PM   #4
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamina View Post
-option-P-R

Let us know if it works.
By the way, what does that option -option-P-R do exactly? It must reset something I assume. What does it reset?

WizardHunt
Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:56 PM   #5
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
-option-P-R resets the Parameter RAM (a battery backed up storage for hardware setttings.)

TEG

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help