Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Oct 16, 2003, 07:01 PM   #1
homeshire
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to homeshire
new devices coming eventually?

with today's big news concerning the iPod and iTunes, i got to wondering about something. iirc, when apple signed the contract granting them rights to the OS on the iPod, there was a specific term within that contract granting apple the right to place that OS on 2 further devices. i don't imagine that was for naught. is my memory good, or faulty. and do others think it a safe bet that given that option, apple will build something to put the OS on?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 07:08 PM   #2
G5orbust
macrumors 65816

the ipod's OS is very rudementary and not very powerful/expandible compared with something like the Palm OS.

I think that Apple was just keeping a nice buffer zone, so to speak, (assuming your information is correct) just in case the need presented itself for the iPod's OS to be put on another device.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion