Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lshirase

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
when i look in fan control, it says that the left fan is moving at 2xxxrpm ..but my right fan says its moving at -1. is this normal? or is my right fan broken?

also...is this program safe to use? i tweaked the fan speed to 1900rpm (not sure what the default rpm is...)...this won't mess up my machine will it?

btw i have a 2.2ghz blackbook.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
As far as I know, macbooks/blackbooks only have 1 fan. What program are you using that shows you the speed of a left and right fan?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
There is only 1 fan in the MacBook. Is the clearly visible circular thing in the center.

-Victor

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 281

CP1091

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
Yeah there is just one fan.

On vacuuming, I just give the keyboard a quick blow every once and awhile, I am not quite sure about vacuuming the actual keyboard..

rawkerrxx

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2010
Ishirase, did you ever figure out the problem? I'm having the same issue.

I see this "left fan" and "right fan" information from iStat Pro, a widget you can download for your dashboard that lists various information regarding your Mac's hardware. According to this, my left fan is going at around 1000 rpm and my right fan is 0 rpm. Last time I looked at it though, they were both going around 1000 rpm. Lately I've noticed the right side of my keyboard (on my MacBook Pro) makes a lot of noise and it's very loud, especially when I'm watching something full screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.